FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:54:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: tail lights  (Read 3565 times)
Phantom

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2003, 10:19:42 AM »

Can someone please tell me what colour the indicator lens are in the tail lights, my car has a clear one amd a orange one .
                               Cheers Russell (phantom)

Bogans rule
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 11:48:50 AM »

Both are correct!

I will leave it up to a true Guru to explain though. My FC Sedan has both clear.

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 02:10:47 AM »

Amber indicators were introduced 1 October 1959.  So all FEs and most FCs had the white ones.  Maybe you've got one of each because they were doing some overtime in the factory when they built your car, midnight Sept 30 Grin

It's more likely whoever had it before you wasn't able to source one the correct colour, and got whatever they could get.

If the brake lights flash, the lower lens should be white.
If the lower lens flashes, it must be amber.

It's not legal to have flashing white rear indicators.  Some people who want their car to look right but be a bit safer (ie have the woman driver Tongue behind actually realise you are turning right) use white lenses and fit amber globes.

Hope that helps.

More info here: http://www.fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/fcpaintstyles.html

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 05:10:22 AM »

Thank you heaps for the info, didn't realise about tail light lenses at all, its amazing what we keep learning,
                  Cheers Russell

Bogans rule
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2003, 09:34:50 AM »

Your car must have been built the day they changed over and used up the last clear lense. LOL.
the clear lense at the bottom was originally to acommadate the optional reverse lights. but when amber indicaters came out they made the lower lens orange and the indicator was seperated from the brake light and placed in the reverse light spot with the new orange lenses.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 10:59:59 AM »

I think the car might have been in a prang there is some bog around the tail light area , hence the clear indicator light, the previous owner must have just used what he could find
                  Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »

i fitted clear blinkers and i use clear bulbs, and they seem to flash orange anyway!

just thought i'd share that wonderful piece of useless trivia as i haven't posted in ages

simon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: