FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:45:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: tasman mags illegal?  (Read 2127 times)
Matt O'Neill
« on: November 05, 2003, 08:23:58 AM »

Hey all,
I have been told that the tasman mags that are on my car will not pass a roadworthy in vic due to their construction, as they have changed the rules & regs.
Does anyone know if this is true or if there is a way around it?

Cheers Matt
HARKO
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 01:04:51 PM »

Matt there were quite a few variations of the Tasman mag with different names but always refered to as Tasmans.
Have a  look at your mags and see how they are joined (Rim to centre)
If there is no sign of a weld then they will be bolted together through the rim and trust me if this is how they are joined you dont want to use them anyhows.
The front face of a true Tasman spoke is curved side to side and top to bottom .
Variations of this included the spoke having a ridge down the centre or a chamfered edge on either side or there may be others aswell.
An original Tasman is welded centre to spoke and I would find it interesting if these dont pass.
Magnums have bolts which can and will fatigue over years of use and many people have horror storys to go with them ,
Hope that helps a bit ,Cheers  
superfly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 05:06:47 AM »

Thanks for the help Harko, i am sure mine are original 13" tasmans but as i dont have access to the wheels right now because the car is in the shop i am going to assume that they are welded and not worry so much about getting new wheels.

Cheers Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: