FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:26:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 253 into FE  (Read 1907 times)
Tony FC5859

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »

Hi  I'm toying with the idea of putting a 253 and 4 speed into my FE sedan .Does anybody know what  the minimum requirement is for a diff for NSW rego( HR, torana etc).Also does it need to have disk brakes or can I stick with big drum brakes.  Thanks  Tony
Richard
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »

Tony,
I would be surprised if there is a minimum requirement for diffs, but you won't be allowed to keep drum brakes, I can assure you of that.  I recommend you ring an engineer (John Varetimidis of Lohning International - they're based in Sydney - would be my choice) to get the low-down on what is and isn't allowed before you start.
I also understand a small-block Chev is much easier to fit into an early Holden engine bay than the 253/308 motor, but I haven't done it myself.
cheers RET
brad gilbert
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »

i have a 5 lt efi in an fc ute. there are various upgrades needed including diff for engineering requirements.you can e/mail me at sixofus.com.au brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: