FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:25:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Vibration between 55 & 60MPH  (Read 11828 times)
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2003, 09:26:41 PM »

Hi Ace,
The rears weren't in stock so am waiting for parts.
Cheers,
Graham Wink
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2003, 09:30:38 AM »

Hi Graham,
If you can't get a rear uni i have them in stock Wink.
Regards ACE Cool
HARKO
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2003, 01:13:34 PM »

Or your alternative Graham is to use a front Uni joint and place the used cups onto it provided they are not too badly warn, Its a way to beat the bastards charging you through the nose .
I think the front was under $20 and the rear around the $60 mark last time I replaced mine and they werent even the real thing Taiwanese crap , Heres a hint - keep them lubed up regularily "I didnt"

Ace when did you open up shop  Grin
What else do you trade in ?  Grin
That commodore I got off your shelf is coming along realy well , A little carried away and slow but realy well.
Leon (FCCOOL)
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2003, 11:11:41 PM »

I get this all the time, before I was married with kids I was nearly going through them weekly. If your car is so low that the tailshaft scrapes the floor your unis tend to go quicker especailly If you do burnouts all the time.
It seems to be worse when you hit the 90 section when travelling between newcastle and Sydney. Harko is right about keeping them greased up, mine have never lasted long enough to dry out but I have had them dry out in other cars and they usually end up shattering the caps or crumbling the needle rollers. if the ol grey power tailshaft is so dear to get unis for ya gonna want to preserve them check around for prices to, I was used to getting them at peps (in newcastle) were they were about $20 each(EH red tailshaft) made in Japan or US (sometimes varied)they were about $32 at Holden and repco for simular looking ones but one day I tried supercheap and remember not only was it not in stock, but it was around double the price of peps, I laughed at the guy and said I would go to peps were I can get the lot for less, and walked out
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2004, 09:19:24 PM »

Well,
I took everyones advice.Changed both Uni's finally and had the tailshaft rebalanced.Now it drives sweet as no vibration.Thanks everyone for your advice.sorry it took so long to get done.
Cheers,
Graham Wink
craiga
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2004, 09:25:37 PM »

Graham,

Could you give details of pricing and supplier you used for tailshaft balancing work?

Cheers,

Craig.
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2004, 11:21:49 PM »

thats good news,nice simple fix

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2004, 12:39:24 AM »

Craig,
The supplier was Sydney Driveline Service Pty Ltd      
10 Resevoir Ave Greenacre 2190   (02) 9790 7344 .And the cost was $88 for balancing and fitting of new rear uni supplied by me.I took the shaft to them in the morning and had it back the same day.
cheers,
Graham Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: