FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:00:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Please report any site weirdness  (Read 397 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2024, 08:44:00 PM »

Hi all,

For reasons unclear, some bot has been absolutely hammering this site all month, consuming vast amounts of bandwidth. It's probably some AI model, I suspect.

I have made some changes to try and deny it access. If you encounter any weirdness with your access to the site, please let me know.

(And yes, I appreciate depending on the weirdness, you might not be able to access the site to let me know.)

Apologies in advance if there are any unforeseen impacts, but the current consumption is absolutely unsustainable.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2024, 09:58:30 AM »

. . . that'd be why I've been seeing Error 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded from time to time.

I will exercise patience.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2024, 02:08:40 PM »

Well, that's the effect, the "nbot" crawler is the cause.

The forum usually runs to about 20GB/month bandwidth. This month it's pushing 60GB.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2024, 01:25:24 PM »

Despite pushing the bandwidth limit on this site up from 30GB to 60GB, it still blew its top on 31 May. Apologies anyone who tried to access the site yesterday and couldn't, but I was unable to resolve it on the spot.

I've implemented some changes to try and block the bots, so we'll see how effective that is this month, I guess.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: