FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:40:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fred and Candy’s Diary - Broken Hill 2023  (Read 2893 times)
Candyfcute

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2023, 06:44:37 PM »

Day 1.
Here we go again.
Left Townsville 2.15pm
Anyone know how to add photos?
camxsmith

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 02:46:02 PM »

There is this instructions for posting an img http://forum.fefcholden.club/index.php?topic=25525.0 or another way is using Taptalk app on the phone.
FE_UTE
wa-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 01:18:00 PM »

Safe travels guys…looking forward to your diary

Candyfcute

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 04:34:07 PM »

Omg tried to do the photos. That’s hard work. I’m sure it use to be easy 5 years ago.
Don’t think I’m doing photos this year.
Candyfcute

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 04:39:18 PM »

Broken Hill FE/FC Nationals 2023 (not doing photos sorry)
Day 1 - left Townsville 2:15 pm filled up at Charters towers. Got to Torrens Creek. Checked into the pub, camping out the back $18 unpowered $30 powered free washing machines and big meals. Great value. After quite a few beers, Fred was talked into going to Winton music fest, tomorrow Saturday. Another 300 km added to the trip. Thank god when he woke he come to his senses, and remembered he doesn’t like Country.
Day two - 8:30 am Saturday back on the road. Barcaldine here we come. Going the back road to Aramac. Apparently all sealed now. about 20 km out of town on the right from Torrance Creek. There’s a small dam and a gravel pit. Looks like a good free camp spot. Stopped at a rest stop halfway between Torrence Creek and Aramac had a coffee and a hot cross bun. Couple of vans pulled up. Yep, Fred’s done plastering on their house, Leon and Di. While standing around talking, I could hear a kitten, crying. Everyone “no it’s a bird” next thing this tiny little ginger kitten walks in. Only about two weeks old I reckon, very friendly.  No house or cars for miles. Straight on the phone to Wade the kitten whisper,  yep he will take it, bundled it up and and they took back to Wade and Helen in Townsville. Leon is not very happy, whoops. Stopped at Aramac for a beer, lovely group of people sitting around supporting the local pub. Left there about 12:30pm. Barcie was like a ghost town, Everything closed.  We had a look at the Tree of Knowledge, historical site, birthplace of the Labour Party. Everything happened under this tree. Someone poisoned the tree in 2006. The town preserve the tree. spend an hour walking the streets window-shopping  Went to the historical museum. Takes a good two hours to look around. We got there 45 minutes before it closed. Flew around and forgot to take photos. Out of the five pubs in town only two were still open, had a beer and forgot to take a photo. Yep, first time for everything . Went to the town weir to camp for the night. Couldn’t go near the water hundreds of dead fish, floating great smell if the wind changes were in for a rough night. Made friends with a couple and daughter from Rocky had dinner and sat talking to them until 8pm Steve and Family. She works at Aldi‘s said Townsville will get one before Mackay, yeah .
Day three -
very rough night sleep. Yep wind changed, oh my god I tried to get Fred to pack camp at 9 pm. In and out of consciousness until 4 am. Woke to Fred mucking around with the fridge battery. Didn’t have enough power and stopped. Yay we packed up and left to give the car a run, about bloody time 10 minutes down the road, pulled up and finally had a good sleep.  7 am Fred was up making me brekkie and coffee in bed.  Thank god I might survive the day. had a shower and hit the road at 8:20am. Blackall, stopped and walk the streets, talk to the local Car Club, that we are out and about on a car cruise. Got a coffee, (finally yayA cappuccino) nice free toilets and showers with hot water in the middle of town and a nice free camp. Went for a swim in the thermal spa (town pool) two dollars entry, worth every cent. Fred looks very relaxed and about 20 years younger. Off to Tambo 12 midday.
Got to Tambo had lunch at the lake and then went for a look around town. It’s Sunday and everything is also closed. Stopped for a beer.  Ok finally have phone service. If you are travelling around Australia. DON’T GET OPTUS.
At Augathella for the night. Set up camp. Got the tv working. Have to go to the pub to watch Cowboys play at 6pm. Not on normal tv. Bugger.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 04:53:24 PM »

Omg tried to do the photos. That’s hard work. I’m sure it use to be easy 5 years ago.
Don’t think I’m doing photos this year.

Download the Tapatalk app for your phone, connect it to this forum. Uploading photos from there is absolutely dead simple.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: