FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 08:25:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Running on empty  (Read 4043 times)
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2003, 09:35:47 PM »

Just like to pass on a big thankyou to Ziggy, RET & Ben for helping out the "GOOSE that ran out of JUICE"
( :-Xname not supplied Lips sealed) on the M4 last night.

Luckily he left the club meeting early & other members who were still there were in a position to mount a search & rescue.

How many of the forum carry an emergency 5 lites of fuel in their boot  Huh  Huh Well, Ziggy for one.

Gary
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 09:42:14 PM »

hey gary  i haven't run out of fuel since saturday!
 & i wasn't carrying any extra,  but now i know the guage isn't accurate                            
                              Cry   trev
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 09:44:26 PM by robbzfc58 » Logged

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 11:26:17 PM »

Hi Trev, I have run out in just about all of my other vehicles over the years but never in this old girl. Hope you didn't run out in the ute or the wagon. Cheers, Gary
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 02:05:28 AM »

yep gary..the ute.  first $20 i ever put in it didn't go as far as i wanted.should carry some extra till i get to know it!
wonder if ziggy carries fuel for himself or others
                                         trev Grin

robbzfc58
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 04:50:12 AM »

I thought a full 5 lt jerry can in the boot of an FC was as mandatory as a spare tyre!

Tony FC5859

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 07:01:24 AM »

I also have run out of petrol in my FC, coming back from the 2001 FE-FC Nationals,we were getting near Gundagai and passed a few small towns with servo's, Theresa(my wife) said don't you think we should stop to get petrol, no I said we'll be right we will make it to Gundagai, anyway 5 miles from Gundagai it stopped . I hitchhiked to Gundagai while Theresa and the kids waited in the car. I was lucky a lady gave me a ride straight away into town ,she even gave me a ride back to the car,with Theresa behind the wheel and  a drop of petrol down the carbie the FC fired up and Theresa had her first drive of the FCto Gundagai to fill up.
Now I always refill when the gauge reads a quater, the was funny thing was(I found out later ) I could of got the petrol across the road at the dog on the tuckerbox.  
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2003, 08:55:13 AM »

i was only a few ks from home & ,for a change , didn't have my phone, so i stopped a local & borrowed his phone to ring my son to rescue me. it can be a bit embarressing

robbzfc58
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2003, 09:31:55 AM »

Hey "name not supplied".
That jerry can of fuel in Ziggy's boot has found it's way into my tank on atleast one occasion.
3 of us were heading to Bendigo for the Nats many years ago, and travelling through the Vic country, we took a chance and passed a servo and pushed on to the next town, only to find the servo closed. We kept driving toward our destination, but never made it to the next town. 1/2 the can went into my car, 1/2 went into Craig's car, as Ziggy was getting better mileage. We drove on till Ziggy ran out, about 5 miles from town, and called for H E L P ! The RACV brought us all out some fuel, and we filled up from his spare tank at his home. Turns out there was no servo open for about a 200 mile radius.
In this instance, Ziggy's spare fuel went into everyones car but his own.....what a guy!!

Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: