FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:25:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Weathershield wanted  (Read 6164 times)
Snoop

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2021, 07:52:55 AM »

Hi members
Been keeping and eye out for a nasco drivers weathershield to suit my ute missed one a while back on another forum.Thought someone might have a spare they are willing to part with. Would like one with a tinted top section.
Cheers Snoop
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 09:13:06 AM »

Hey Pete ..Weather shield ? Only Brock'y allowed to drive with arm on sill , suck it up mate !!! cheers vern .

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 11:20:38 AM »

I searched for a long time for a weathershield for my ute and nothing ever turned up. Eventually I bought a sedan unit and shortened the top by a few inches to suit the curved top of the ute door. Five minutes cutting and all done. Cheers Fraze
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 12:00:38 PM »

Thanks Fraze and Vern,
Got all excited when I saw two replies!
Fraze did you cut down a two piece unit ? The ones I’ve seen and like are I think one piece units although I think you can get two piece units as well.
Thought you might have one tucked away somewhere Vern   Smiley ha. ha,

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 07:35:01 AM »

Hi Pete /..No , don't have and don't know who has one weather shield ,sorry , I have one for a Hillman Hunter ,its a bit "milky" , has the green top panel ..If there is enough interest maybe have them made L and R , I never cease to be amazed what can be done , a friend had a Thornycroft truck , I think about 1962 model , split front windscreen but curved corners ,he needed new screens , impossible ,none in UK , he also was contacted by other Thornycroft collectors wanting screens , they ended up getting them made in Vietnam , good quality , good price , safe delivery ..they had to send samples , that was terrifing , good ones out of trucks maybe never seen again , or seen again in pieces , but NO , they also came back in one piece ..an acrylic weather shield would not be as daunting a task I would think . a nice little project for you between fishing trips...keep well Vern

Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 09:55:19 AM »

Thanks Vern ,knew you’d have one tucked away somewhere! 
I think I mentioned it last year when I spoke to old blue and he said that someone it qld use to make repos but had since stopped. So there must be a mould floating around somewhere you would think.
When I re read Fraze comments I realised he only probably had to round of the top back corner to suit ute door profile.
You would think there would be some demand for repos out there.
Cheers Peter
Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 01:30:02 PM »

My weathershield was of the two piece variety and I had to shorten the top piece by maybe 75 to 100 mm, just used a cutting disc in the angle grinder then dressed the cup with sandpaper. Cheers, Fraze
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 06:20:47 AM »

Thanks for additional info Fraze hopefully something will turn up good to know that you can cut down a two piece one.
Don’t think I could stretch Verns Hillman one.
Cheers Snoop
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2021, 08:03:32 AM »
+1

The mob in Queensland making the weathershields was autocable:
http://www.autocable.com.au/
Suspect they no longer make them.

Ricks Rotary's and Fast Fours in Sydney was also making them (sounds weird I know but that is where I bought mine from 15 years ago). Called them a while back and "the two old blokes out the back who made them" no longer do.

Both mobs might still have the moulds.

Corsair still make weathershields for HD/HR - they may also have a lead on moulds for earlier Holdens:
https://www.corsairvehiclesolutions.com.au/products/holden-hd-and-hr-large-weather-shields-1965-to-1967-left-side?variant=14535656439863&currency=AUD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Remarketing.&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=4775390927&hsa_cam=12189396940&hsa_grp=120657820241&hsa_ad=494713892088&hsa_src=u&hsa_tgt=pla-449650033371&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInsOw9fn88gIVh30rCh1v7AODEAQYASABEgII8_D_BwE

Cheers,
Harv
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2021, 06:02:07 PM »

Thanks Harv for all that info will start chasing up. Will post any results I get.
Cheers Snoop
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 06:02:43 AM »

Morning all,
Followed up with leads from Harv but no luck as yet waiting on a return phone call after leaving message with one of the outlets. Couldn’t find a listing for Ricks fast fours after searching perhaps they have gone out of business.
Oh well as the saying goes “the search continues “. 
Cheers
Snoop
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 11:19:38 AM »

My 2007 invoice says Phil's Rotary's and Fast Fours, and Cafe Racer. The mob has changed slightly, but still in business with the same phone number:

Phils Rotarys / New Old Car Company / Cafe Racer Pty Ltd
350 S Pine Rd, Brendale QLD 4500
(07) 3205 4433

The invoice has them at 4 Leanne Crescent in Lawnton.

Cheers,
Harv
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 03:23:06 PM »

They have a web site under "New Old Car Co " , looks like they go back to EJ , couldn't see anything for FE FC ...but give em a go Snoop ,one door closes another opens ..Vern ..

Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 04:51:11 PM »

Think they are the mob that do the repro door handle scratch plates.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 05:23:10 PM »

Further update!
Spoke to Phil’s Rotarys today they are not doing them any more. What do you recon the demand is like generally for them across many car makes include our Holden mark ? Haven’t had return calls from other mobs yet.
Cheers Snoop
Ps thanks everyone for help so far.
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2021, 07:14:48 AM »

Hi Snoop ..Maybe contact the committee to see if they have investigated this before , doesn't mean you cant pursue it your self , look at Harvs head gasket project , that was a success , different application I know , he supplied hundreds , then there are plenty of perspecx fabricators ,you could survey membership for an expression of interest like Harv did. A email to all members of all clubs , you might end up with a ute load to deliver ...cheers Vern .

ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2021, 08:14:52 AM »

G'day Snoop,
P.M sent.
ACE  Cool
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2021, 10:34:34 AM »

I visited the Brendale site approx 8 years ago. The owner then, had purchased the mouldings for early HOLDEN & FORD weathershields. I had a number of both ute & passenger sedans made, with both blue, red & green tops. I sold excess spares @ the Vic's Auctions. I visited them recently & can confirm that they do not make them anymore as the ownership has changed.  Great pity, because they were well made & supplied with all s/steel fittings required. For those looking to buy these on line, the ute doors are curved @ the top above the B pillar & have a section cut out to cater for this. The passenger vehicles do not have the cutout as the door top is square. I will post pics later to illustrate the difference.  It is just another example of the ol' Fisherman's tale.... "you shoulda been here yesterday".  Kevin Angry

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2021, 11:16:23 AM »
+1

I have a clear top 2nd hand, passenger, driver's side weathershield, [saved from the crushers], with fittings & some minor scratches on the top piece. What's it worth?Huh

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2021, 03:15:53 PM »

Thanks ACE have just answered your pm (I hope) had two goes wasn’t sure if first effort actually sent.
Cheers Snoop
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: