FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:16:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Steering column replacement  (Read 5329 times)
njf690

Model: FC

heya

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2021, 11:37:28 AM »

Have a issue with selector on the steering column . Has dropped internally somewhere. Had it modified by rods racks years ago . Is there a swap out on the market someone has used that has the auto on the column to link with commodore transmission. And be able to run fc steering wheel . Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.
Longman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 06:25:43 PM »

I recently looked for the same thing. George at Alien retro columns said he could build one, would need both an EK and HK auto column up front (if you could find them). No other manufacturers do column auto for your setup. I gave up and am custom making one using a Prius column and Tarago column shift with BA ford cable. You could also use a VS column from a ute if you can find one.
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 08:20:11 PM »

EK works with trimatic which was in VB to VK, but I suppose you mean later TH700. Don’t see why it wouldn’t work. You basically use the neutral safety switch and shift gate from donor car and customise the control rod. You can even fit a Powerglide gear indicator lens in the ek housing which gives you the correct ….DNRP sequence, admittedly LDNRP rather than 12DNRP or 123DNRP, but better than the Hydramatic RLSDNP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 08:23:50 PM »

If the shift lever is on the passenger side then as Longman says you could use hardware from a bench seat auto donor car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
njf690

heya

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 12:29:47 PM »

Got it sorted took the column out and went to a blokes house that dealt with rods racks back in the day a s we pin pointed that a hex head had come loose on the selector which made it just swing in the breeze when selecting tightened it up and adjusted it . Back in the car all driving again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: