FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:04:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Recommended Painter and what colour??  (Read 1449 times)
Young One

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2021, 01:09:25 PM »

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can recommend a panel beater/spray painter to do a complete respray on my FC Special in Melbourne?  Naturally there is some rust and the back left floor will have to be replaced.

Also what would anyone recommend I do re colour.  The original is white on white - paint code (173-629).  Currently the car is two tone - burgundy on white.  I'm not sure if I should go back to white on white for originality or choose a colour combo I like.  I do want to keep the car original (not street machined) and although it does currently have a grey motor it is not original as the engine code starts with a "B" so assuming that's out of an FB?

The interior is Riff Red/black (256-7770)

Any help or recommendations would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks

Damien.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 08:40:08 PM »
+1

This question gets asked a lot, so here is my opinion.
Firstly are you keeping the car long term?
If yes, then I recommend building it how you want it to look.
ID plate numbers are pretty meaningless to most people just as correct engine number is not a big deal.
The only reason you would take this into account is if you wanted to go full concourse original.

Frankly I think I would get depressed driving a car painted differently to how I really wanted it, especially seeing how much it costs.

If you were going to sell it in the short to medium term, then you may want to paint it to match the ID plate because it would appeal to more buyers.

Ken
Young One

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 08:10:45 AM »

Thanks Ken,

Some good advice there and I agree, after thinking about it because I do want to keep the car long term I'd prefer to have it a colour I like, rather than the original.  Especially when those 50's cars and the FC in particular are so well known for the two tone paint scheme.

Now to choose a colour....  Undecided
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: