FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:03:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Air conditioning  (Read 1387 times)
hsv-001

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2021, 04:53:58 PM »

Somebody asked me at a swap meet if there was anyway to put air on a grey motor . Well I have made a passenger side bracket to swing the compressor above the generator . But this person said they were running an electric fuel pump and triples and wanted it on the drivers side . Has anybody ever removed the backing plate behind the timing gears and tried to add a bracket to it to support a compressor ? Just an idea .
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 06:42:32 PM »

Much easier to keep the Compressor on the Passenger's side above the Generator, [or regulator, should you decide to go that way].  The air/con pipes to the head unit have room on that side without having to go over, [or somehow around], the rocker cover. The head unit fits easily under the glove box, still leaving room for a parcel shelf. I fitted a VS a/c unit in the glove box of my modified ute.
   However, if you decide on an idea, then the challenge will be to make it work. The driver's side of the grey becomes very crowded if you have  a bypass oil filter & a VH44 fitted above the fuel pump. Not suggesting it can't be done.  Should there be an engine swap, then it's another story.... but you were talking a/c on the grey motor.    Good Luck.  Kevin.

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 08:22:29 PM »

You are correct Kevin . I guess you could remote the booster somewhere [under the guard or in the boot ] and just take the after market filter off ,the ignition coil can also be relocated . Like you said, It come down to how much work you want to do .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: