FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:07:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE SPECIAL VALUATION  (Read 1935 times)
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2003, 09:57:25 AM »

G'day, I have recently just bought a FE SPECIAL and was hoping that someone could give me a rough idea of what it is worth.
It is two-tone, HR disc front end, 186, 4 spd, other than this the vehicle is totally original. It has no dents at all, paint faded on roof, chrome is immaculant, no rust, no rego.
I am sorry I got no pictures, but I will attempt to get some shortly.
I paid $1500.00 and I hope it is a bargain.
Please could you help?

P.S. I am also after some info regarding joining your club. If you could please email me some I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
COLIN (Maitland NSW)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 10:56:32 AM »

From your description, it sounds a pretty reasonable car for the money.  It is a lot easier - as a general rule - to value a stock car than a modified one.  It is very rare for anyone to get back the money and time they have spent on modifying a car when they come to sell it. (By the same token there's no guarantee of that with a stocky either Roll Eyes)  Shannons Classic Car Insurance do offer a valuation service, but you'd need to take the car to them (they're on the North Shore, St Leonards or Artarmon or thereabouts).

It will need a few other things to pass NSW rego - electric wipers, heater/demister, seat-belts.  You can find the documentation of what's required at the RTA's site or by getting in contact with an engineer - you will need an engineer's report to register the car.

As far as club info is concerned, you can find it all at http://www.nsw.fefcholden.org.au - follow the "How to Join" links.  Our next meeting is on Tuesday 9th (next week), you'd be very welcome to come along and find out what we're all about.  You don't have to have a car on the road (or even at all) to be a member.

Hope that's some help.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: