FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:20:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NOS or Refurbished FJ Holden Door Lock Assemblies  (Read 4316 times)
Papabear56

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2020, 01:41:08 PM »

Hi
Know its not FE/FC but anyone know where I can purchase FJ Holden RH (Drivers Side) door lock assembly and Striker Plate.
My unit on FJ being restored will not pass a roadworthy (Not fully catching/locking).
Cheers
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 04:03:55 PM »

Can't do the striker plate, but may be able to do the door lock assembly (in "as-is" condition).

It's not something as simple as busted pawl return spring, is it?  I had the one on my driver's door break while I was getting a pink slip a few years back.  The guy at the garage said it was in working order when he inspected the doors, wrote the ticket out, and told me to tie the door shut with the seat belt so I could get home.

And as a kid I remember that our FJ's driver's door would open on its own around left-hand corners . . .

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
ipg

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 06:04:02 PM »

likely that the bottom of the striker needs to be moved out
Papabear56

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 09:46:17 PM »

Hi
Know its not FE/FC but anyone know where I can purchase FJ Holden RH (Drivers Side) door lock assembly and Striker Plate.
My unit on FJ being restored will not pass a roadworthy (Not fully catching/locking).
Cheers

Hi Rob,
No checked all the springs its inside and the catch that catches the striker is completely rounded off.
Lock assembly is a start, how can we organize getting the lock assembly you have available?
Cheers
Papabear56

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 09:48:55 PM »

likely that the bottom of the striker needs to be moved

Hi
Checked striker plate but eventually found its actually inside the door lock assembly, thanks for the thought though.
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 06:54:14 AM »

And as a kid I remember that our FJ's driver's door would open on its own around left-hand corners . . .

60 years later, and GMH never did solve that problem...

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/bathurst-1000-supercars-macauley-jones-black-flag-door-open-bjr-004939599.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAjrQDsO7ubB-QMepGsglTBjYcGXimHwu2ADxUb-V4GhH5ppnXsquRvd-g5d0HuRSxnjzXfSjzTR8UMTa-a3L_CJ5LtSr5Ef7z52Ep-19HYcCC2A0Ol2Q_O0kXIo9kfChj6DWoYMup8o59nBoJLkUCGVxUUz_HyGWBHuo4IrKiGy

Cheers,
Harv
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 10:12:11 AM »

It's a bit complicated - I don't have an FX-FJ driver's door lock, and the FJ "donor" door I've been cutting up for the skin is a passenger's.  I might have a RHR door lock . . .  better go check.

Rob

ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 09:47:09 AM »

Sorry - I only have LH door locks.
But you'll be able to use a RHR door lock in the driver's door as long as you change the pull rod for the lock button over to the threaded one from the driver's door lock.

Rob

ipg

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 06:32:51 PM »

(Not fully catching/locking)

what does this mean?
Papabear56

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 01:40:02 PM »

Hi
Cheers
Hi
Thanks' to everyone who responded to my request.
I now have an almost new striker plate and very good Drivers door lock assembly.
These will be fitted in coming days.
Once this is completed I'll disassemble the original and see what's required to get it operating/repaired if at all possible.
Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: