FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:49:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fc Ute A pillar  (Read 1699 times)
JimFCute

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2020, 06:13:34 PM »

Hi, I have been unpicking some rusty inner/outer sill. My question is, could it be possible for the "A pillar" to move/twist if sills are removed. Floors are intact and still in place. Something doesn't look quiet right. Would someone possibly run a tape from A pillar to A pillar inside the cab where the floor meets to give me a rough measurement. I have a measurement from the workshop manual but its not specific where to measure.
Thanks in advance.
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 07:00:28 PM »

Measuring at the lowest point of the recess for the lower front door hinge (about 3/4" below the bolt hole), from windlace channel to windlace channel: 1456 mm.  Measuring tape just touches the top of the transmission tunnel.

What doesn't look right?  Is it the very front part of the sill where the subframe bolts go through?  The subframe bolts are parallel with the the no. 1 body crossmember, but the no. 1 body crossmember is not square with the car's centreline.

Photos showing the bit that doesn't look right would be a great help.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
JimFCute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 07:24:15 PM »

Thanks for the measurement Rob. I'll measure it up. If something is out I'll post some pics.
Pahs59
nsw-club

Model: FE

Throw nothing away leave that for your children

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 07:47:00 PM »

Jim before I replaced my sills inner and outer I measured across from the bottom door hinge bolts on the A pillar..measured again after I cut sill out and Measurements were the same ..only thing I found was the A pillar moved back about 5 mm...I fitted the scuff plate just used the front hole put the screw in then the B pillar screw in then tacked inner sill in place..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: