FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:33:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Floor cuts needed  (Read 2015 times)
fe van
nsw-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2020, 04:00:40 PM »

Hi All,
Anyone have any floor cuts? I need this front piece (see pic) and rear floor cuts for in front of the rear seat base I'm Sydney based.

Thanks
Darren

ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 09:14:01 PM »

Darren,

A replacement rear floor pan from say Rare Spares will be what you need for the rear.  For the front, it depends on how far up the toeboard the rust goes; but a LHF floor pan should do the job.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
fe van
nsw-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 12:52:11 PM »

Thanks for the reply Rob, we have used a Rare's front pan, we need that section in the pic to finish off the floor/toe board correctly, the Rare's pan ribs didn't line up and rib profile is to shallow! when aligning the floor pressings the kick up at the front was short of where it needs to be? maybe it's my van? maybe I got a Monday morning one  Undecided  anyway need to keep moving forward we all know these old cars are hit and miss with replacement panels, I thought I'd ask and try my luck you never know.

Thanks
Darren
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 02:02:41 PM »

Darren in my experience the replacement floor panels always have ribs which are a little shallower than original. Nothing that a little panel beating doesn’t fix. The kick up at the front is just an average measurement of where good metal should be.  Maybe your van has slightly more rust than normal in this area. I would make up a piece to extend the kick up to how ever far you needed.

Regarding finding a donor car with the LHF floor pan rust free......If such a thing existed, good luck

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: