FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:33:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: door pull handles  (Read 5323 times)
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2020, 07:40:50 AM »

I want to fit door pull handles ( pull door closed ) I have seen them on vehicles typically at top of door and look to be chrome or nickle plated ..Question .." did Holden or another manufacturer offer those as a accessory back in the day ? If so does any one have two good ones ,or leads as to who .what ,where ...Thanks ..Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 08:01:32 AM »

Ok ,ok, I've got the horse back in front of the cart  ...I posted request for door handles ,before looking at previous posts , seems there were OEM on some models ," lenlock " fine line ,if I am correct...so can anyone help Huh...Vern .

Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 09:36:45 AM »

Hi Vern

These are the Nasco accessory ones

FC nasco door pulls by Helen Sheedy, on Flickr

Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 09:38:01 AM »

and these are the two aftermarket lenlock ones you often find on the FC's - the match the other handles better, there is a fine line one and a coarser one

lenlock fine and coarse by Helen Sheedy, on Flickr

I think "lenlock 20" is the finer ones but I'll have to double check.

I'll think I have spare ones just haven't sorted out the ones I'm putting on my ute yet
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 10:03:30 AM »

I never liked the nasco ones Vern. The Lenlock 20 as Helen says match the door and window handles nicely but they are hard to get hold of. I came across some similar ones which I plan to put on my ute and van. The fastener heads are hidden, posing the problem of how to screw them on, but I think I will source fine thread machine screws with nuts inside the doors. Sorry don’t have any to spare.

They all look a lot like kitchen cabinet handles from the day I reckon. I will put up a picture if I think of it when I’m in the shed.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 10:08:19 AM »

FX and FJ at the right and FE to EK at left

These two are available for $20 each pp if anybody is interested
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 01:45:10 PM »

As promised

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 02:40:06 PM »
+1

I’ve not seen those before.  Do they have anything on the back. I wonder how you are supposed to get the screws in
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 03:28:10 PM »

Thanks for your replys ,I have emailed you Roybeth ..I suppose you would use a small hex head screw and spanner to install the type Clay has ..Vern

Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 06:45:53 PM »

As promised

wow haven't seen those type before
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 08:38:41 PM »

See above. Use a machine screw. You can hold the head tight with your finger and tighten a nut on the back with spanner. Also I have a tiny ratchet handle which takes Phillips and flathead bits.

Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2020, 08:39:28 PM »

The guy I got the from said they were on an EJ when he got them.

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 06:54:42 AM »

hey Roybeth ..I PM you regarding the door pull handles you have ,did you get that mail ?..Vern ..

Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 09:03:33 AM »

Interestingly, the Lenlok "fineline" handles are very different dimensionally to the "coarseline" ones.

Fineline: 0.49"x1.0"x5.34", 4.09" between fastener centres, 5 ribs
Coarseline: 0.58"x0.99"x5.14", 3.97 between fastener centres, 4 ribs

Both have Lenlok cast into the rear of the handle. The "fineline" have 20 cast into the rear too.

Cheers,
Harv
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 06:28:34 PM »

Interestingly, the Lenlok "fineline" handles are very different dimensionally to the "coarseline" ones.

Fineline: 0.49"x1.0"x5.34", 4.09" between fastener centres, 5 ribs
Coarseline: 0.58"x0.99"x5.14", 3.97 between fastener centres, 4 ribs

Both have Lenlok cast into the rear of the handle. The "fineline" have 20 cast into the rear too.

Cheers,
Harv

I've got the coarse line in my ute, but I want to put in the fine line ones and yep the screws do not line up - hence my pondering on what to put back in as I prefer the fineline. Would be okay if the car wasn't already painted. but may be able to disguise it, not sure yet, something I haven't had a chance to do yet
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 06:35:54 PM »

hey Roybeth ..I PM you regarding the door pull handles you have ,did you get that mail ?..Vern ..

Hi Vern, yep - I'm a bit busy and a bit slow ! lol, sent you a msg :-)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 06:24:29 AM »

I've got the coarse line in my ute, but I want to put in the fine line ones and yep the screws do not line up - hence my pondering on what to put back in as I prefer the fineline. Would be okay if the car wasn't already painted. but may be able to disguise it, not sure yet, something I haven't had a chance to do yet

I ran into a similar problem. My EK Holden wagon had been drilled for handles in the front doors. I forgot to ask the panel guru to fill them, so when the car came back from paint and panel the holes were still there. I wasn't too worried, as I like the look of the Lenlok handles. I tried hunting for a pair of fineline ones for a while, but kept missing out on eBay auctions (some of the prices were silly... this was the same time you bought yours). A gentleman on this forum ended up sending me a pair (with thanks), which I tried to fit. No go... the holes did not line up.

Turns out that the fineline hole centres are wider, and my wagon had been drilled for the coarseline ones. I didn't know that at the time... just that the holes were wrong. I put a #6 stainless self tapper into the "wrong" hole, and redrilled to suit the fineline. They bolted up OK, though you could still (just) see the self-tapper head under the handle. My wagon is neat, but no show-pony, so I was happy.

Whilst faffing around with the rear door trims a few months later, I noticed dimples in the rear doors. Sure enough, the rear doors had been drilled for handles too, though the new paint had largely blocked the holes. I cursed myself (again) for not paying attention, and went back on the hunt for two fineline handles. eBay prices were really stupid... up to $400 for a set of four. I patiently kept trying, and eventually bought a set (paid $100 for the four, and still think the price is silly for what they are). Got the four new handles home, and eventually got round to fitting them.

Unpacked the parcel, and was suprised... the four new ones were coarseline. My dumbass fault for not reading the eBay ad photos well enough. Figured I would remove the two fineline ones from the front doors, and fit the four coarseline all round. Suprise suprise, the coarseline ones bolt straight up to the holes. I removed the two #6 self-tappers, and thankfully the coarseline handles cover my attempts at drilling the new holes.

So I've got two spare fineline handles. No 1 Daughter was intrigued by the handle saga, and has claimed the spare ones for her ute.

Cheers,
Harv
grey nomad

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 09:57:45 AM »

I think you will find that pull handles came out on Business sedans,  at least they did on FJs.    AL.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 03:06:25 PM »

Correct they were factory fitted on business sedan and an optional accessory for all other models.
They even had different part numbers for the factory fitted ones compared to the optional ones even though they were exactly the same handle.
grey nomad

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 09:13:13 PM »

Ken, I have a set of lenlock ones for the fj but they have a lot more ribs than the one you pictured, sorry but I cannot put up pics?    AL.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: