FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:11:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 3 speed column shift repairs  (Read 2669 times)
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2003, 04:41:32 AM »

What do I need to do to replace the floor shift in my FE sedan with the original column change?

I have the column 'collar' and gear lever, but no linkages.  Would the shift have been changed to the floor because these were worn out?  Are the linkages still available?

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 10:01:15 AM »

Shayne, generally what breaks is the tube down the guts of the column.  I have all bits u need but roughly these would include  shift stick, spring in the end, pivot pin, retaining spring, collar as you describe, tube, 2x shift levers - one bolts to tube, one bolts to column, 2x linkages which bolt to levers with various rubbers and special fibre washers etc and lastly to levers on the gearbox.

Let me know what bits you need and I can work out a price.  All stuff I have is selected and kept because it is ingood order - no point in keeping worn out junk.

Regards   Ken
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 11:23:06 PM »

Thanks for the info Ken.  I've sent you a message, I'm interested in the bits & pieces.

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: