FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:43:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: rear windscreen seal for FC Special Sedan  (Read 5030 times)
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2019, 07:06:08 AM »

Does any one have new seal to suit as above ,???NB..I'll be fussy >>>Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 08:00:37 AM »

I will withdraw this request for a seal as there have been developments from suppliers ..Vern

Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 07:41:00 AM »

I would be interested to know what the "developments from suppliers" is please Vern? I have a Rare Spares rear window rubber in my FC and it won't hold the trim in properly. Thanks, Fraze
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 09:11:25 PM »

Hi Fraze, Rares say they have new stock coming next week which has been modified. I’ Waiting on these as I have a couple of cars waiting for the glass to be fitted. Vern is one of them and he has also contacted the Old Rubber Company who say they have a rubber by the metre which they say they have plenty without problem. Soifthe new Rares rubbers are no good, there is a backup.
Regards,
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 10:14:44 PM »

Gents ..Yes ,I am on to this ..Lets keep it in perspective ..Rare Spares have had problems with Special Sedan rear windscreen seals ..they have acknowledged that ,it is a pity they have had to have two goes at fixing it ,probably no one more annoyed at that than themselves..I have spoken to Rares at Prospect and new seals are coming ,hopefully "spot on this time "..they are sponsors of our club and sell a lot of products that with out, our restorations would be more difficult .. I cant complain they want the issue resolved and their customers satisfied.. .Yes ,as Jim said ,he has a couple of jobs lined up ,and I have employed his services to do both my front and rear ,I have spoken to Mark at Old Auto Rubber at Penrith and they do make their own rear seal ,they sell the seal ready vulcanised to fit ,or you can buy the extruded rubber by the length and make your own ..He said they have sold a number of seals this year and not had a return or complaint ..I hope Rares new seals are not delayed ,i'm ready to get on to it ,however I will compare the two makes and then decide ..cheers Vern..

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 04:49:57 PM »

I am going to do an installation of the “new” Rares rubbers on Saturday, I will post the outcome when finished.
Jim

DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 06:28:24 PM »

Hope it's a brilliant fit.

Dave
0417 270 315
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2019, 06:51:50 AM »

yes gents ,we are progressing quite well and looking forward to how Jim goes tomorrow ..a " brilliant fit " would be just great ..Vern

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 05:31:15 PM »

Unfortunately the news is not good, Steve’s two “new” rubbers arrived and I went to fit them this morning. After 1,1/2 hours trying to fit the moulds, I gave up. I don’t like admitting defeat, but enough is enough, With Steve’s permission, I even tried trimming a bit off the rubber to see if it would allow the chrome to sit down, that didn’t work. Decided to try the front screen, after a bit fo mucking around and two attempts, success so one from two is better than none from two.
Have spoken to Rares and was told that the rubbers are from the new batch?? the date code on both rubbers was September which was the same as the returned rubbers from the failed attempt earlier this month. I am now waiting on a call back from Rares on Monday to see what went wrong.
Will keep you all posted.
Jim

DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2019, 05:54:49 PM »

Thanks for your update Jim.
Disappointing news for a number of us including Steve. Could be significant issue for RS.

Dave
0417 270 315
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 06:46:34 AM »

Yes ,that is very disappointing Jim ,not to mention the time you have put in now on these several attempts ,I will eagerly await Rares response to all of this , It is shaping up like a whole new re tooling for them ,and that wont happen any time soon .Vern

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 07:16:47 AM »

Gents  .There is another post on this forum re these seals ,but for those following this thread ,Jim the FC Wrangler has successfully put my front screen in with Rare Spares seal ,and rear screen in with Old Auto Rubber seal..He is following up with Rare Spares on his findings during this process ,and thanks to Kevin OLDBLU for providing original Holden seal to get the complete cross section picture ..cheers Vern ..

brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 11:47:09 AM »

Hi Guys,
Not sure if they still sell them but I bought a rear one from Clarke Rubber a couple of years ago and had no problems and they were cheaper.
Regards Brett
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 11:55:28 AM by brett_f » Logged
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 07:38:22 AM »

Brett ..For a special or a standard/business sedan ? do you have their stock/product number ?...Vern

brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 09:33:28 AM »

Hi Vern,
It was a special with the provision for the outer chrome strip. I probably have the receipt but won't be back where it is stored until the weekend. I will try and dig it out for you.
Regards brett
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 10:38:20 AM »

Hi Vern,
I found the receipt for the windscreen rubber however, it was a cash register receipt with no part number. I called clark rubber where I got it from and they don't  seem to know anything about windscreen rubbers. Maybe check their head office to seen if they have any left over stock. For your info they were $99.
Regards Brett
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 07:10:04 AM »

Brett ..Thanks for looking .I was just interested in what is out there.I also contacted Clark Rubber at Castle Hill , they keep rolls of extruded seals ,you have to make your own selection ,they don't offer ready made or even which profile suits which model of any make of vehicle ,however it is a good range ,and good selection of hoses ,fuel hoses much better $ than auto store and made in USA ..Also ribbed black mat that would be good for some vehicles for floor or boot ...cheers Vern ..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: