FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:56:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tyre white walls ..seperate wide type that fit when tyre fitted .  (Read 2954 times)
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2019, 07:54:31 AM »

Morning all ..OK another brain pic ..I have a few suggested ideas already ,but I thought I would gather more info from your experiences ,make a decision and get to work ,only suggestions that are proven to work ..OK ..I want to clean white wall bands that are stained and have bleeding from tyre black ..and when clean is there any protectant to keep good ,or just keep cleaning when needed ..THX Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Ronno

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 11:22:12 PM »

Google '303 rubber treatment' it may do the trick.
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 11:52:19 PM »

Get the tyres you want and get the white walls painted on Vern. The add on ones are known as flappers for a reason.

The painting is cheap and effective. Just don’t hit the kerb. I dont know what paint they use but you could just touch up when dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 06:58:00 AM »

Gents  .ok "flappers" hey ! and paint ons ,or .303 treatment ..sold my old Lithgow MK111 .303 which served in New Guinea ,but if the white walls really don't behave could get the Old Stevens 12 ga out. Seriously though ..Thanks for tips I haven't thought about .Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 02:44:02 PM »

Flappers (aka "turkey gobblers") are not recommended for radial tyres, something to do with conventional versus radial sidewall construction.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: