FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:44:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC headlight switch  (Read 4232 times)
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2019, 07:27:33 AM »

Morning all ..In cleaning and checking my light switch ,the wire resistor coil disintegrated ,any one have a good complete one ready to go ,the knob and shaft in mine is good ,so that's not important ,just a good sound body and mechanism ..THX Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 07:40:40 AM »

I had a similar problem with the wire dash dimmer coil in my EK wagon. It was driving me nuts, as there was only one "sweet spot" on the coil that let the dashlights work. Pulled it out to fix the problem, and busted the coil ceramic. By changing which wiring terminal I connect to on the back of the switch, I bypassed the missing coil. No more intermittent dash lights.
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21653&start=225

Cheers,
Harvc
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 08:37:31 AM »

Hi Harv ..Trust you are well ..Had a look at your post ,yours really did disintegrate ,my ceramic is still intact ,..question ..so you moved the wire from  coil/ceramic resistor terminal to centre terminal on opposite side of switch ,which gives you full bright dash lights only when headlights are on ?..Have I got that correct ? THX Vern.

old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 08:54:14 AM »

Hi Vern. Rare Spares repro these, part No  SW1016,  $164.74. I purchased one of these a few years ago & haven't used it. I  think I paid $115. I also have the original orange & blue Genuine Holden box that part came in. Part No. 7411964 on the lid. Its yours for that ,with the box if you decide to go that way. The dimmer resistor coil is commonly broken . You can by-pass this as previously posted.  Cheers Kevin.

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 11:08:12 AM »

Hello Kevin
First option to Vern on this part.
However if he chooses not to buy it, I am interested in purchasing it from you.
Regards
Alex

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 12:09:02 PM »

Hi Alex. Will keep in touch once I hear from Vern. Kevin

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 06:52:53 AM »

Kevin ..I will take the switch ,thanks , sorry Alex , will I deposit into your a/c as before ? ..Thanks for the offer of the parts box ,It would be wasted on me though ,keep it or someone else may want it ,thx Vern .

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 07:02:58 AM »

Hi Vern. I will keep the box as these are a "collectors" item. Thanks for letting me know. Deposit please, I will cover postage.  Wish I had another for you Alex.  Cheers Kevin.

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 12:47:25 AM »

No problem boys.
Regards
Alex

Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 06:14:31 AM »

Hi Harv ..Trust you are well ..Had a look at your post ,yours really did disintegrate ,my ceramic is still intact ,..question ..so you moved the wire from  coil/ceramic resistor terminal to centre terminal on opposite side of switch ,which gives you full bright dash lights only when headlights are on ?..Have I got that correct ? THX Vern.

Correct.

Cheers,
Harv
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 07:14:34 AM »

Thanks Harv .Its good to know the options ,the switch generally is a bit sus ,as its so important a bit ,decided to go new from Kevin ..Alex I am sure another will become available ,I should be a collector of automotive memorabilia ,following some auctions the box may be worth more than the switch ..I got into trouble from the regalia boss in the Hillman club when I discarded the wrapping and part stickers from the NOS bumper bar for the Hunter I got from UK in2016 ..
Kevin I will deposit into your a/c today  ..I think that's about it for bits I need ,have done almost everything , unless something arises on assembly or start up  .. Murphy and his law is often here .. thanks again Gents .. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: