FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:20:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC rear blinkers  (Read 3164 times)
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2019, 10:19:21 AM »

Gents ..have decided to change rear blinkers from brake light blinking ,to lower clear lense with yellow globe ,,have nice new lenses from Ken Mcl ,thanks Ken ..I have pair of globe holders to go into light body for lower clear lense .My existing wiring is original and working ,or was at start of resto....existing globe holders have a purple and black wire on drivers side.red and black pass'ngr side ..can someone send me wiring plan needed to make this change ,simple,dumb,step by step as the student has very basic electronic skills ,I would be eternally gratefull , and the enormous amount a pleasure you will get from making a dumbo skilled ..thx Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
The holden man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 10:56:07 AM »

All i did with mine was disconnect the white, violet and pink wires from the switch, tape up the wires coming from the switch as they were no longer needed, splice white(from brake switch) together with the pink and violet(to the brake lights) which gets the brake lights going again, then run two new wires from the light blue(left front blinker) and the dark blue(right front bliker) that come frome the switch, i also had to then run another earth wire off the back of the indicator lights in the dash or they wont blink, hope that helps
fcee
vic-club

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 07:08:27 PM »

I have the same set up, but with amber lenses ,my auto elec did the mod under dash in a few minutes ,no mistaking my blinkers day or night . Wink Steve

Sale Victioria
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 07:28:38 AM »

Thanks for all the tips on wiring changes to move blinkers from brake light to lower clear lense ,the wiring changes under the dash was very straight forward ,new brake wire added in to rear ,two staggered pin bulb holders used in blinker lense ,I intend to make a little brass plate to sit across the two contacts in bulb holder and use Narva BA15S amber bulb ,they don't make a BA15D amber only red ..that would be simpler and help with reversing light..
thanks again Vern..

59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 10:52:53 AM »

....... I intend to make a little brass plate to sit across the two contacts in bulb holder and use Narva BA15S amber bulb ,they don't make a BA15D amber only red ..that would be simpler and help with reversing light..

Hi Vern, have you tried eBay?  They've got old style globes and LED ones in BA15D Amber.  Here's a couple of links, though there's quite a few on there:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Amber-1157-BA15D-Bulbs-Mustang-Parker-Indicator-1967-1968-1969-1970-1971-1972-73/272856816855?hash=item3f87889cd7:g:GxIAAOSwYkBZw8qC

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2X-BA15D-1156-P21W-2835-15-LED-TURN-SIGNAL-INDICATOR-CANBUS-BULB-GLOBE-AMBER-Set/264215101673?hash=item3d847280e9:g:-M8AAOSwlZJZk9sS

Cheers,

John
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 08:40:17 PM »

john ..thanks for tip ,ordered them ..Ba15D amber LED ..Vern

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...