FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:07:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Art's FC Sedan Build 2.0  (Read 55759 times)
camxsmith

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2020, 04:23:47 PM »

Great work the car is looking amazing
Longman

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2020, 08:25:32 AM »

Grabbing an hour after work, making use of daylight savings to get out on the back lawn and do some stripping.

Driver's guard, not the original from the car, which was cactus.  Nice to see the main rust areas have been previously repaired with Rare Spares panels.
Just a few small spots to fix.

Longman

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2020, 08:26:49 AM »

Onto the boot. No panel work or rust repair required here!

rio
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2020, 01:44:47 PM »

Those panel look so good you should just clear coat them.
Longman

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2020, 10:18:40 AM »

Finished boot, inside and out, no rust repairs needed. A lick of rust converter, a good wipe down and a coat of rust reformer, ready for epoxy.

Longman

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2020, 10:20:33 AM »

Next up, bonnet. Once again, no rust issues, dents or dings on the inside. Waiting for weather to get to the outside. I'm using a combination of 5" poly strip discs, wire wheels and a small hand held sand blaster with garnet media.

Longman

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2020, 10:24:42 AM »

thanks to all the rain, I'm confined to inside jobs.  I took the opportunity to test fit the wiper setup. Thanks to Pete Mallaby for one of his awesome adaptor kits, the thing bolts straight up to original holes, no issues whatsoever with clearance at the back, original fittings fit perfectly. The motor is a Trico, found in commodores, falcons and territories.  NOTE: I am aware in the pic that the armature bracket at the back is upside down, but you get the idea.

Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2020, 12:21:15 PM »

Looking good art. You going to weld captive nuts on the cabin side like EK?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Longman

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2020, 12:42:48 PM »

Looking good art. You going to weld captive nuts on the cabin side like EK?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. No, I have nuts and washers to go on.
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2020, 10:54:27 PM »

Nice looking wiper setup.
Which model Commodores and Falcons have that motor?
What switch are you using?
Thanks for sharing.
Regards
Alex

Longman

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2020, 06:26:15 PM »

Nice looking wiper setup.
Which model Commodores and Falcons have that motor?
What switch are you using?
Thanks for sharing.
Regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

BA Falcon, Territory and some commodores. I have a VS one, but it has a larger sized cylinder, the smaller ones are better.
I'm using the same switch as the commodore conversion thread on this forum.

Longman

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2021, 09:53:01 AM »

Driver's door all stripped inside and out and undercoated. My original door was completely stuffed, so sourced a replacement in way better condition (thanks Pete!).  A very small patch is required on the bottom corner and that's it.

Longman

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2021, 07:26:16 PM »

Slow and steady wins the race. Bonnet is finished, stripped and coated. I welded up the "Holden" letter holes, haven't decided yet on the bonnet bird holes.

Longman

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2021, 07:29:42 PM »

I was given a sandblasting cabinet for Xmas, and finally got it setup, built a dust cyclone system for it, and a few mods to improve operation. I'm so happy with it, quick, easy and dust free. I went to town on the bonnet hinges, stripped both in 10 minutes, undercoated now. Not sure what I will do with them yet, most likely paint them or get them powder coated.

Longman

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2021, 07:31:23 PM »

I've also disassembled and blasted all door hinges. I've rebuilt the front driver's side as in pics below. Just waiting on new pins and bushes to arrive in the post for the other doors.

camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2021, 08:27:47 PM »

I love my sand blaster box I have .. I have a roll of clear plastic that I am constantly replacing the viewing window protection with and some time lighting is shit, But really satisfying to use. Great progress door hinges look amazing.   
Longman

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2021, 08:42:06 PM »

I love my sand blaster box I have .. I have a roll of clear plastic that I am constantly replacing the viewing window protection with and some time lighting is shit, But really satisfying to use. Great progress door hinges look amazing.   

Thanks Cam. I find it very satisfying and cathartic, stripping parts in the cabinet. Every car buff should have one. With the dust cyclone, seeing is not an issue.
Longman

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2021, 06:49:16 PM »

Been a busy beaver, chipping away. I found my four original doors were quite bad rust wise, so opted to source another set (thanks Pete).  I've stripped nearly all of them and coated in black rust stuff. I did a test fit on drivers side, using my newly restored hinges. Given how much welding has been done on the shell and how much metal replaced, I'm extremely happy with the fit, there does not appear to have been any movement in the shape of the shell, just some massaging required on the center pillar outer rim that was replaced.  I'm particularly happy with how the rear door and quarter has lined up, the quarter was very out of shape when I started.

FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2021, 05:21:21 AM »

Been a busy boy looks the goods.

Longman

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2021, 06:43:15 PM »

been busy chipping away at the small stuff. Finished stripping all 4 doors, thanks a million Pete Mallaby for the replacement doors, only very minor repairs needed. All stripped in and out and soaked inside in penetrol. Now looking at power window mechanisms. I was lucky that even though my original doors were cactus, the locks and actuators and inner bits were pretty good. I'm really enjoying my sandlbasting cabinet as noted in the pic of the inner door latch mechanism. Fun times, especially in the rain we've had. My garage got flooded last week, luckily all my bit were stored off the floor on bricks and stands, so I haven't lost anything.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: