FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:28:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: front suspension  (Read 4413 times)
PT58

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2019, 08:02:15 PM »

HI all brought rare spares pivot  pin lower and upper control arm kit about two years ago and fitted it to front end, has sat around for that time in spare room,  went to fit it at the weekend and noticed that some of the rubbers had perished, has any one else had this problem, are the rubbers cheap and nasty,does any one no where to get better ones thanks Peter.
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 09:44:22 PM »

My Rare Spare rubbers have also perished.  Not impressed with the quality of them.

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 08:09:35 PM »

Sadly a lot of mouldings are made overseas ,we may specify a standard ,but they suit themselves ,and we have no testing labs here any more , the word quality could be taken out of the dictonary ..bet you have all seen rusty stainless steel ...sad ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
black57

Model: FE

feratrod
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 07:22:44 PM »

Could always use CSIRO in Clayton for testing. Might cost a bit, but considering the amount of sales.....

A car on the road is worth 2 in the shed...
FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1965 GSM Dart - ex race car
1948 Singer 9
2 1960s custom fiberglass race cars
And a couple of Cyclekarts underway
oldgrey58

Model: FE

South East Melbourne

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 11:14:48 AM »

Same story here. I bought a front end seal kit a few years ago and fitted them a coupla months ago. When I came out the next morning two had split and one had those little multiple creases in it that looks like perishing.
When I went to Rares I got the story about how I'd left it too long to fit them. I usually get good service at Rares and I was surprised how casually the matter was treated.
I bought and fitted a new set and no problems so far.
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 07:23:55 AM »
+1

G'day gents,

The perished rubber issue surfaced earlier this year. I copied Dave Ryan from Rares into the conversation, and as far as I know he helped some guys out. He also addressed the issue around the old FE/FC dash fascias. He is good people.

Dave normally lives on the FX/FJ forum, so I've sent him some info on oldgrey58's post.

Cheers,
Harv
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: