FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:46:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rare Spares FC Dash Facia  (Read 4992 times)
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« on: February 23, 2019, 10:06:50 PM »

I didn't realise how bad the Rare Spares fibreglass dash fascia panel for the FC were until I tried to fit a ten year old (never used) Rare's panel today. Bloody ordinary to say the least. Are the newer ones any better. If not I might maker a mould and fibreglass a few new ones.

1. Any one tried a new fascia from Rare Spares and what is the fit like.
2. If I were to run some from a new mould would anyone be interested

Cheers Weddo
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 10:18:37 PM »

Count me in for one Weddo if you go ahead and make them  Smiley
Cheers, Graeme
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 12:06:21 AM »

I'd be interested in one as well thanks Wink
Moon.
camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 07:27:24 AM »

I’m in thanks
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 09:18:58 AM »

Hi Weddo

I've fitted 2 of the new ones over the last few years and had no probs

I also had an earlier type that a bloke gave  Huh me at a swap meet, and it was like a Selvitex suit, touched every where and fitted nowhere

The new ones also come with the itty bitty screws as well
Gary
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 06:34:07 AM »

I would take 1 or maybe 2 Weddo.

weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 10:39:04 PM »

It will take time, I will have to massage/ make the "new" one fit first to give the best blank to make a reinforced mould from, before I can cast any new ones. Both our road cars have shit fascia units and I am not going to attempt to make a pattern from them. The FC race car has an original and good condition fascia but I wont attempt to use that.. It will keep ticking over in the background.

What are the new Rare's units, plastic or fibreglass?

Cheers Weddo
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 05:55:05 AM »

They are plastic weddo.
The kid that was 3d printing stuff is too erattic for my liking.
I have a fiberglass one here at home im pretty sure stashed away for my sedan it came off the forum.
My plastic one has never seen light its on my ute and it has deformed and started lifting in the RH corner.

weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 02:27:31 PM »
+3

I had a very nice phone call from David Ryan, Director of Rare Spares a couple of weeks ago and have now received a new Fascia surround to replace the old "new" fascia surround. Trial fits very well. Have to give a big thumbs up to Rare Spares for their warranty and a huge thanks to HARV on this forum for alerting David to my dilemma.

cheers
Weddo
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 10:17:08 PM »
+3

Whilst in Melbourne for a month recently, I received an invitation from David Ryan to have a look around the Rare Spares complex at Cambellfield.
I readily accepted the invitation and I can say this....David Ryan is a very genuine, down to earth person who has a fascination and passion with cars. I spent about five hours being shown around, warehouses full of all manner of spare parts, steel pressing workshops, test and development workshop, test fitting cars and their nearby Rares retail outlet (they only have three outlets, two in Victoria and one in Perth).
I was gobsmacked at the history and development of the company from its very small beginnings to what the company is today and the problems associated with that progression. Whist walking around all the areas it was very pleasing to see the repoir David has with all the employees and the family environment within the company.
We even had lunch at his favourite little takeway in the industrial complex area.
He was fun to be with, knowledgeable with all Rare Spares stock items, supportive of his employees and is very interested in feedback from purchasers of components that don't satisfy the customer or not up to an expected quality. Up until that day I did not know that he started and owns Rare Spares.
I take my hat off to him, and now have a very different view of Rare Spares and the constant effort that goes into developing things that keep our old gems on the road.

Cheers
Weddo
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 09:38:32 PM »
+2

Weddo, well said. After being a supplier to Rare Spares for many years and working with them on many projects, I share your enthusiasm for the commitment that David has for the company. It is easy to criticise without the understanding of the difficulty that goes into making quality repro parts.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: