FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:36:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: glove box  (Read 2587 times)
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2019, 07:35:25 AM »

Morning gents ..I am working through all the small bits now on my resto ..re set the window glass in the lifting rail along the bottom of all four doors ,rubbers were perished and two lifters rusted ,started retaping the generator fields, finished the glove box lid and brackets ,painted and assembled the speedo cluster ,looks good ..cleaned the door strikers and window winding mechanisms..A few tips now fellas ..the glove box fibre board compartment ,its in good condition ,and I want to reuse it ,its dusty and dirty ,I guess the usual stains ,maybe bit of lippy ,bit of dry lube stick ,a spilt Bex powder ,bit of Bryll Cream , so what is the best and proven method of cleaning and rejuvenating the fibre board glove box inner ..THX Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 10:57:37 AM »

Vern,
I just wipe vigorously with metho on a rag.  White spirits could be even better though I’ve never tried it. Even pour a bit in the corners if need be. If it still looks grotty a light spray with some matte black or grey doesn’t hurt.

If you don’t have any nail polish to deal with you’re doing okay.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 06:38:14 AM »

Thanks Clay ,have some white spirits so ill try that on the outside back first, I got the windows from you didn't I ? The glass holder lifter rails were good,one of the windows was not a sedan ,what is it from ?  ,let me know and i'll mark it and it can end up with someone who can use it when I finish the car ..Vern

Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 09:15:18 AM »

Windows not from me Vern. Boot latch maybe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 07:14:55 AM »

Clay ..yep you are right the boot latch ,I've had the car for 14mths now ,and thinking back to what I did a few months ago is a pain ,the memory is not like it used be ,I am putting up a white board in the shed , memory assistant .

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: