FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:45:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Radio  (Read 3898 times)
Snoop

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2018, 04:09:03 PM »

Thanks all again for the tips re fish oil . In amongst all the bits and pieces I got with the new ute was a old HMV Little nipper car radio I had a go at doing an underdash install it looks ok, turned it on it lit up and after warming up it crackles as you try to tune it in I didn’t get a aerial with it so when I get one and plug it in hopefully it works. Can anybody recommend a good aerial to get and where, maybe old school if possible.
Also I’m not sure if I should drill a hole in passenger side guard or in the air vent cowl ? Looked at some of your members pics and most seem to be in the mudguard. Advice re pitfalls would be appreciated or is there another solution I can use to avoid drilling holes seem to remember gutter mounted aerials in the distant past.
Thanks again
Peter
pbh0069
sa-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 08:54:15 AM »

Hi Peter
My sedan had never had any aerial holes drilled in it either , and i did not want too so i connected my aerial cable to my rear venetian blind and run the cable under the floor covering.

it works well around town.

cheers Phil. Grin

Ken's 57
nsw-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 10:58:34 AM »

Hi Peter. I have seen old style aerials advertised on E Bay quite regularly. My FE has the hole drilled in the panel that houses the air cowl. It has always looked fine from my perspective as it was generally the practice back in 1957.
Cheers, Ken  Smiley
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 05:08:10 PM »

The correct location for the antenna is on the cowl.
Here is the template for the correct location.

Regards
Alex

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 05:34:51 PM »

get your antenna before you cut any holes ,see what hole size suits the particular one you buy , and apply that to Alex's template,check the mounting base suits a curve fitment and still be verticle when installed ,most should be OK , cheers Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 01:14:34 PM »

Thanks again guys ,it blows me away all the information that the members have and how they are willing to share it. Thanks so much for the template Alex that’s amazing if i don’t go down the vénitien blind route It will definitely be used thanks again to everybody that responded .
Cheers Peter
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 06:34:35 AM »

Peter ..When you get that antenna right ,last fitment procedure is fox tail ,if your quick there a couple on side of road between Lithgow and Bathurst at moment..Or you can always put a National Transistor radio up on rear parcel shelf ,the one in the leather casing ,tuned to 2UW " Ward Pally Austin " in studio ,a couple packets Marlborough ,some BRYLL cream ...and board wax ..and some 2 shilling coins for the bridge ..Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 07:15:04 AM »

Ha ha Vern
I’m working on your suggestions at the moment and have already procured some of the aforementioned.
Already had the wax onboard and Malibu sticking out from under the tourneau cover.
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: