FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:32:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Monroe Shocks  (Read 2374 times)
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« on: October 13, 2018, 09:12:42 AM »

Hi all, just found out the hard way that the front shocks listed by Monroe for the FE/FC are incorrect. Their part number is 15-0096 which have a threaded rod at the bottom of the barrel NOT the ring. In checking their web site the correct shocks are listed for FB on with the part number 15-3146.
Regards, Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 09:27:51 AM »

Well now I feel really stupid!! I just realised the problem is NOT incorrect shocks but incorrect front end. I have rebuilt an EJ cross member for the larger brakes. BUGGER for anyone else doing the same, remember to order parts for EJ NOT FC.
Jim

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 10:32:24 AM »
+1

Jim, your not the first one to be tricked by that one. The FE FC shocks were superseded in FB because they were very likely to get bent when driving over rough terrain.  Many FE FC's that I have owned or worked on over the years had the FB onwards "conversion" made to install the later shocks.
All you need is the little plate on the bottom of the original FEFC wishbones to convert back to the original shockers.

Ken
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 05:47:12 PM »

Thanks Ken, I’ll stay with the later setup for that reason. Haven’t had much interest in selling the car as is, so a mate will store it for me so I can finish it off and then relish it as a finished restoration(MAYBE)
Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: