FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:51:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Nominations for improved cooling head gasket - 2nd round  (Read 30187 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2018, 06:11:33 AM »

Ladies and gents,

A little while back I made a run of 150-odd cylinder head gaskets to suit the Holden grey motor. The gaskets have a revised water flow path, and improve cooling on the grey. The background to the first run is here:

Nominations for improved cooling head gasket

All 150-odd gaskets sold. Feedback from those who installed them has been positive - a noteable improvement in cooling. I've had quite a few request since then for people looking lay their hands on one of the new gaskets, and have passed on almost all the ones that I bought for my own use  Roll Eyes.

I own the dies to make the gaskets, which AA Gaskets (the guys who make Permaseal gaskets) store and maintain for me (nice guys). I've tried to contact Rares to see if they would like to own the dies, but with Les now absent I haven't had any response. I no longer have my emails from the technical gentleman who worked with me on the gearboxes (Lance), and can't seem to extract contact details from Rares either.

I'm thinking about getting a second run of gaskets made. Same terms and conditions as above, and probably the same pricing. Same as last time, this is a love-job for me - I don't make a red cent.

If you would like one (or more) of the new gaskets, please post here.

Rough timing for the process:
a) I'll collect expressions of interest from these forum posts until the end of October. This should give the various early Holden clubs time to meet and discuss too. We need at least 50 nominations to make the second run work.
b) For those who express an interest, you get the month of November to pony up the funds to me. Last time round I only had two guys who didn't bother paying.
c) I'll place the order, and AA Gaskets will let us know the timing.
d) When the gaskets arrive, I'll parcel them up in plywood (like last time) and send them to you. Note that it is cheaper if you combine postage with a few mates, or as a Club.

Cheers,
Harv (deputy apprentice gasket scraper).
Fraze

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 07:48:17 AM »

I would be interested in buying 2 - 3 improved head gaskets, and I know several guys who would also be interested but I can't contact them just now. As many as 8 gaskets. Thanks. Fraze
JohnBM
wa-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 05:47:40 PM »

Yes please Harve , reconfirming, would like   SIX. of the gaskets if the order goes ahead . Thanks John BM 🐌🍺
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 06:37:35 AM »

Put me down for 6 please.

By the way thanks for all the time you spend on this, you're a legend!

Cheers, Graham
JohnBM
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 07:33:15 PM »

Did A run to York today , about one hour east of Perth to the FE a good run after the work done on it plus the modified head gasket . On way you have go up Greenmount hill , very steep for about 10 kms . Ambient temp 20deg c. By the time we got to the top engine temp 71c&. Radiator top tank temp70c . Amazing . Before it would have been around 80/ 90 at the engine . If I could figure out how to send a photo on the forum I would or will . Cheers .
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 08:22:33 PM »

Put me down for 3 thanks Harv.

Rusty.
geebeefc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 10:36:52 AM »

Hi, Interested in gaskets, but can you remind me (old and forgetful!) rough costing per unit?
 Thanks, Glenn.
P.S. If you are the assistant apprentice, the head of the scraping department must be a genius!!!
chucati

Paul, Gosford, NSW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 03:16:59 PM »

Hi,
You can put me down for two thanks Harv.
Great Work

Paul
fatboy1932

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 08:08:16 PM »

ill take a couple
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 05:02:07 AM »

Hi, Interested in gaskets, but can you remind me (old and forgetful!) rough costing per unit?
 Thanks, Glenn.

Last time round, the gaskets cost $83 for the 1st gasket (including postage), $55 for each gasket thereafter i.e. if you ordered one gasket, you owe me $83. If you ordered two gaskets, you owe me $138. If you ordered three gaskets, you owe me $193. If you ordered four gaskets, you owe me $248.

Cheers,
Harv
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 05:27:52 PM »

Hi Harv,
I will take another 2 please.
Thanks,
Graham
pbh0069
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 08:55:12 AM »

Hi Harv

I will also take two more please

cheers Phil. Grin
FE_UTE
wa-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 06:55:59 PM »

Yep Put me down for two please

Cheers Gary

RM-special

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 10:28:33 AM »

G'day Harv ,I'll take two please ,cheers Rene'
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 07:13:04 AM »

Harv  ..I have already requested one ,but I see that's not enough ,all these blokes ordering two ,I usually do my own thing and not follow like sheep ,but when its comes to head gaskets ,well better be sheepish ..I'll take two ( 2 )...Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
PT58

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 07:45:13 PM »

Hi Harv I'll take two thanks Peter. Appreciate to see good work.
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 05:10:14 AM »
+1

38 nominations so far from the various forums. I'll take ten myself (to replace the ones I gave to stragglers  Roll Eyes). Minimum order is 50, so the gasket run will definitely go ahead.

I'll collect expressions of interest from these forum posts until the end of October. This should give the various early Holden clubs time to meet and discuss too.

Cheers,
Harv
Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 07:37:49 AM »

Hi Harv, is there any indication of price yet for the improved head gaskets, (2nd round) ? thanks, Fraze
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 12:35:20 PM »

Pricing is likely to be similar to last time I'd imagine. Last time the gaskets cost $83 for the 1st gasket (including postage), $55 for each gasket thereafter i.e. if you ordered one gasket, you owe me $83. If you ordered two gaskets, you owe me $138. If you ordered three gaskets, you owe me $193. If you ordered four gaskets, you owe me $248.

Cheers,
Harv
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 06:27:43 AM »

Hi Harv,
When do you want some money? If you need it now, let me know your bank details and I'll do a transfer. I ordered 6 gaskets.

Thanks,
Graham
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: