FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 30, 2024, 01:57:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: uploading pics FORBIDDEN  (Read 4938 times)
Roybeth

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2018, 09:14:02 PM »

I still can't upload pics from flickr to the forum - great when I have written some long commentary and then its gone into the ether :-( :-( and then I just get a msg "404 (I think) ... FORBIDDEN") :-( any ideas whats going on?
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 04:28:25 PM »

I haven't heard reports of that particular problem, but I will suggest you try using the address http://forum.fefcholden.club if you're using something else (ie. fefcholden.org.au/forum)

There have been some other weird errors reported that using the forum.fefcholden.club address seem to have resolved.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 09:20:23 PM »

I had a thought that maybe I needed to reduce the size of the pics from flickr, though usually only upload a small res one in the first place. Let me do one pic but not a second. Gunna give it a go with a separate post. wish me luck
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 09:55:02 AM »

Thanks for that RET I was getting the same notification when using the link that I had saved but all good when I used the http that you suggested.

Regards
Neil
ehsv6

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 11:01:11 PM »

Hello Ret
A Google search brings up the wrong address and index page, that has no links attached therefore the 404 error. I assume in the past this was correct and there been some address changes this year.  Google has a habit of finding pages that are no longer in use, if this is the case maybe you can put a redirect page in place of the old page, while people still have the old address in their favorites or are finding via search engine.  Anyway your the expert on these matters, I'm just throwing in a suggestion. This is probably only effecting those using PCs not tapatalk.  Cheers Keith
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 11:53:32 PM »

Thanks Keith,

The old domain is still valid, and under most circumstances should still bring up the forum OK. However, it's playing up for a few members, and switching across to the new address seems to fix it.

I've thought about setting up a redirect, but that would cause anyone using the old address to have to log in again, which means a lot of people suddenly having to dig up old usernames and passwords..

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 06:53:08 AM »

I have been using the new address. Found that size of the photos might be an issue. I have tried making a smaller pics and this seems to now work, and to also upload only one pic at a time. Previously had not had this problem as I only upload a smaller res pic to flickr before putting it on the forum.
ehsv6

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 11:39:25 AM »

I meant to mention it was playing up for me also, on all browsers as well, have changed over to new address and all seems ok with my limited use. Another mystery hey.  Thanks Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: