FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:45:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Windsceen installer needed in Sydney  (Read 4031 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2018, 10:05:42 AM »

Getting closer to getting the glass into both the EK wagon and EK ute. Got my new Better Rubber windscreen rubber on, and the stainless in place. Fits a lot better than the Rares one. The old man gave me a hand to try to fit the front screen into the ute, but we could not get it in. Admitted defeat, and called for a windscreen fitter.

Got onto NRMA Glass, who were happy to take on the job. They asked the right questions (new rubber? stainless ready to go?) and seemed knowledgeable... not the first early Holden they have done. Booked them in for Tuesday morning, even had a good conversation about how I would need to leave for work mid-afternoon (no problem, we will be done by then, we'll start at 8am). Had them lined up to do the wagon front screen, the ute front screen and the ute rear screen. Even got a member's discount.

Got geared up this morning, shuffled the wagon, sedan and ute around so that they were under cover but clear enough to give the NRMA room to work. Not so easy with the wagon and ute missing glass, and rain coming in. Worked a minor miracle to get the kids to school and everything ready for the NRMA at 8am.

NRMA arrive at 9:30, and only one technician. Ominous.

"Ever done an early Holden screen?"
"Seen one done once, but it was a long time ago".

Crap.

NRMA technician looks at the job, shakes his head and gives up without starting. Not !@#$%^ happy.

Need a recommendation please for a windscreen fitter in Sydney (I'm out near Parramatta) who can reliably fit early Holden glass.

Cheers,
Harv
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 02:13:17 PM »

Harv
FC wrangler on here may be able to assist
Gary
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 05:34:46 PM »

Hey Harv, did you forget I am a windscreen fitter? give me a call and we'll talk.
Regards, Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 07:13:07 AM »

PM sent.

Cheers, and thanks,
Harv
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 06:34:27 AM »

Front screens into the ute and wagon, and rear screen into the ute over the Easter break. Awesome job done by Jim - many, many thanks.

Cheers,
Harv
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 07:13:13 AM »

Hey Harv, did you forget I am a windscreen fitter? give me a call and we'll talk.
Regards, Jim
Hey Jim ..I am a while away from fitting windscreens to my FC Special sedan ..but may need your help ..where are you located ?  I am NW Sydney ... Call me if you want ..0405 703 413 ..Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: