FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:25:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fc Horn Button on Eh Steering Wheel?  (Read 4236 times)
hughes

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2018, 09:58:28 PM »

Anyone know if an Fc Centre button will fit on an Eh Wheel, or better still if an Fc wheel complete will fit on asn Eh Column?

Mucho Grasias in advance, Richo
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 10:41:54 PM »

Can you tell me what you are trying to achieve . The spline on the shaft is the same however the selecting tube is different ,coffee pot is different and bearing retainer is different . I ask because the tubes [outer] are the same size and if you are not using the column shifter then you can probably modify something close . Are you using the EH column rather than the original for the steering box or do you need the shorter column as most people use the FB-EK they are also shorter but not so much as the EH and the wheel will fit and with some modification so will the shifter . Email me at getsumm1@hotmail .com   I may be able to help with some ideas or advice . Cheers Haydn
hughes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 11:21:25 PM »

Wow, a reply already, cheers HSV001. I don't have an Fc just yet but am buying back an Fc ute I owned about a decade ago. Ute is fitted with Eh column and wheel and was wondering if the centre button has same dimensions as an Fc Button. Reason being I can purchase a repro Fc Button for it through Rares. I am thinking it will be difficult to find an Fc Wheel complete in good condition. Ute is running 5 speed and 192 so is modified, therefore originality not so important, but would like to run an Fc Button in the Eh wheel if possible, as wheel painted to match the ute. Cheers Richo
grey nomad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 09:08:51 AM »

Hi hughes,  this may not help but I fitted a fx-fj horn button to a eh steering wheel and it fitted in no probs.   AL.
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 08:59:06 AM »

Send me an email , I have an idea on this as some of my friend use EH . If you can find even a rough FC FE wheel ,we can work with that but if you put a FC FE wheel on the top of the EH column which is way shorter and  it will be the angle of the spokes further away also,as the FC wheel is flat at the spokes . This is why lots of people just use the EH column and wheel as they are more common than using the FB-EK column with the FC wheel which is the best choice if you want to get the wheel out of your face and the coffee pot fits the FC wheel [slightly longer pot and the indicator stalk is more the shape of the EH . See if you can find an FC wheel [ doesn't matter how rough ]and a EK FB column that's your best bet . Then send me the wheel .One more thought is that sports wheels are becoming very cheap as everything has an airbag now, so if you were to say get a old sports wheel on an EH boss I may have an idea on a chrome ring to put the FC button on a sports wheel. Send me a email at getsumm1@hotmail.com and I will show you .   
camxsmith

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 09:47:37 AM »
+1

HI Richo  I measured and took a couple of shots.  I don't think you could get an FC onto a EH.  I can see how the FJ works.  I have a EH wheel on an HK auto, collapsible column, took some work to the back of the wheel but it looks great.  Hope this helps

FC sitting on EH

FJ sitting on EH

FC measurement

FJ measurement

EH measurement

My eh on Hk

hughes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 08:59:57 PM »

Howdy Camxsmith, appreciate the pics. Am probably modifying for the sake of modifying. Apparently the EH button has been replaced with a better one than when i owned the ute 8 odd years ago. Am happy with how it steers etc as was all new when I owned it, and that part of the car hasn't been changed in its new guise. It has HR front and rear ends, with air bags on the rear and it handles awesome. It used to run 13X6 widies all round but i kept those and I think it now runs 6s on the front and 7s on the rear. I have a great set of 13x7 Dragway 5 spokes and new 215 50 13s that I look forward to fitting to it, but Dragways are prone to rust so I really only use them in the dryer times. Really like the look of the FJ button, and looks like it would be straight forward, just gotta find one now. I probably should say at this point that I haven't seen the ute for 8 years but has only done about 1500ks  since I sold it, and am picking it up on the 18th of this month, and am bloody pleased to be getting it back. I bought it sight unseen out of Adelaide from a guy who had owned it since 72, and will get some pics on here somehow as would love to get back in touch with him. It is an FC but had a FE front when I owned it, is now back in FC guise and was white. Is originally blue and is now back to the original blue on compliance. Hoping someone might know who used to own it, maybe the airbags might jog someones memory? Had Camry bucket seats, 192 and 5 speed, now has HQ trans tunnel and uncut bench
Cheers again  for all responses, Al, Camxsmith and HSV001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: