FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:07:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Moon's FE barn find (project)  (Read 7245 times)
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2018, 12:09:27 AM »

Hi all,
I have been a member of the forum for years, but have not been active in here since sometime in 2012. This was due to "RELUCTANTLY" selling off my FC Special, and also after a time, forgetting my login details  Huh I've been into Ratrods in these missing years away, But lately have had the bug/craving again for my FC, and after perusing the net looking at all manner of FE-FC pics, it became to much & I just had to give into the "URGE"!  Tongue
So I contacted the guy who bought my old FC (a local & friend of mine) & put it to him, the dilemma I was in, & asked if he would consider selling it back to me? I gave him my offer & he was surprised but understood where I was coming from & said, he would talk it over with his wife & have a good think about it & let me know. So over the past weekend I tried to call him a few times but just couldn't reach him, & as yet still no word. On Sunday evening I decided to go & visit another friend/kind of family member, because I knew he had an FE sedan that he had had for ABSOLUTE YEARS, I just wanted to lay eyes on the old girl to see what condition it was in. Now he has had many people over the years try to buy it from him, but he never let it go, hoping to do something with it at some stage, but of course never getting to it. So I turn up & tell him the reason why I'm out to see him, & ask if I can see the old girl. He takes me out to his shed and as soon as I saw it I thought to myself, "this is my first ever barn find!"
After a good look over it, I couldn't believe how good it was as far as rust goes. I could see it had some in the front floors but not to bad really, & that was about it. All the usual places were great! Now I must admit, I did have an earlier conversation with both this guy & his wife a couple of months ago at a funeral wake about this car, & as I already knew, he didn't really want to let it go but his wife told me she had been at him for a while to sell it. So back to day at hand, having this "insider knowledge"  Tongue after some discussion about it, I told him how I regret selling off mine & was mad to get another & asked if he would consider selling it. He um'ed & er'ed for a few seconds, then told me "look, yeah I would, only because I know you & I know you're gonna do something with it. I loved seeing your old FC getting around & I know you'll get around in this one!" That was it, I had to get this I thought. I asked him how much he was asking for it & he told me the offer he had from the last guy a few years ago. I made an offer which was cheaper, & again he said "only because it's you, yep, no worries!" I don't know who was happier, Me, him or his wife? lol. No, definately his wife was the happiest, because when he told her it was going she threw her hands up in the air & yelled "Woo Hoo!" Lol
So that was it, the deal was done on Sunday evening, it was paid for & delivered to my place today Monday. It has sat in his current place for the last 18 years plus more at his old place. It's got some "rugged" home mods from back in the day when he was young, fitting red motors, but nothing that can't be prettied up. He threw in what ever bits & pieces he could find plus a 186 & 202 that is still at his place but can sit there for as long as I like. It's got HR front end & rear, no motor or gearbox in it but that's fine coz now I got to work out just exactly what I want to put in her. Plan is just to leave the old paint job as it is, clean her up get her in working order again & enjoy her.
Anyway, time for pics I guess.....
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 12:10:32 AM »

As first seen

When I went out to pay him for it he already had it out getting ready to load onto trailer

And landed in it's new home with me  Grin had a hell of a time cleaning out & making room in shed, but I got there lol.

I love the front seat, as stuffed as it is, it's out of a dodge phoenix apparently

That's all the pics at moment, hope to get her out on weekend & start the clean out/up so will take a few more then.
Anyway, it's good to be back here again & looking forward to spending more time in here again too. I haven't gotten any pics of the vin tag yet but as soon as I do, will post it up here so Ken can get the numbers, hopefuly someone can help me to corretly id it to as to what exact year & number she is.
Anyway, later all.  Grin
ACT59FC
act-club

Model: FC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 12:40:09 AM »

Thats fantastic and a wonderful pick up. Enjoy and I look forward to more pics and stories as you undertake your labour of love.

Regards Rod.

FC the Marilyn Monroe of Holdens. All the curves in exactly the right places!
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 08:29:09 AM »

Great story but sadly I can’t see your pics. The old photobucket issue.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 10:53:08 AM »

Great story mate wish we could see the pictures; bloody photobucket  Angry Angry Angry

Regards
FireKraka
Lowlife

Raglan Vic.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 01:50:52 PM »

Top story, hope she gets all the attention it's missed out over the years.
Same issue here though, can't see the pics.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 03:48:20 PM »

Shocked Angry Angry >:(Ok, does anyone know the deal with photobucket? The pics were showing fine last night when I posted 'em up, anyone got any suggestions, new image host provider perhaps? Is this a common problem with photobucket these days?
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 04:37:15 PM »

Shocked Angry Angry >:(Ok, does anyone know the deal with photobucket? The pics were showing fine last night when I posted 'em up, anyone got any suggestions, new image host provider perhaps? Is this a common problem with photobucket these days?
Hey Moon, same here. I saw the pictures last night (very nice, by the way), but can't see them now...

Good luck with your car.  It's a beauty, even with the mod's.

Cheers,

John
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 04:42:17 PM »

Hey Moon, same here. I saw the pictures last night (very nice, by the way), but can't see them now...

Good luck with your car.  It's a beauty, even with the mod's.

Cheers,

John

Just had a thought after I posted this. I believe Photobucket stops the ability to view after your account has been viewed so many times, NOT how many photos you've uploaded. Maybe you've reached that limit and you'd have to pay to allow further viewing. A few other options out there, including Tapatalk.  I'm sure others can chime in how they do it.

Cheers,

John
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 05:35:54 PM »

Flikr seems to work fine
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 07:10:49 PM »

Ok trying a site called imgur, so lets try again.

As first seen

When I went out to pay him for it he already had it out getting ready to load onto trailer

And landed in it's new home with me  Grin had a hell of a time cleaning out & making room in shed, but I got there lol.

I love the front seat, as stuffed as it is, it's out of a dodge phoenix apparently

Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 07:15:36 PM »

That’s better. Great score Moon.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 09:31:54 AM »

A combo of FE and FC parts there mate . I'll be watching the progress . As an old ratty your build could be interesting . Have fun with it . Cheers Haydn .
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 10:53:31 AM »

Great photos Moon and good score I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Whats the plan re engine etc.

Regards
FireKraka
ekute

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 10:00:30 PM »

That’s a great find! Good luck Moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RP86

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 12:05:08 PM »

Looks great mate. I love the colour and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

What is the deal with the fins on the back? Were they a FC fin that people put on FEs or did they come after market?

FE - Canberra, ACT
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 03:25:05 PM »

Like I was saying ,a collection of FE and FC . Door trims FC, fins FC , Bonnet FC , front guard trims FC [cant see too clearly ] . A bit like my wagon . Cheers Haydn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: