FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:42:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Power Windows - Autoloc  (Read 2449 times)
JOX515
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2017, 04:20:00 PM »

G'day one and all,

Am looking for some assistance......

An unknown person has attempted to wind down my electric windows, the autoloc ones that use the original handle and micro switches.  Now the drivers window wont work at all.  Have replaced both micro switches to no avail. The window mechanism is stuck in the up position and I noticed the power window relay gets very hot.....

Where do I start to look to solve this little problem.  The passenger side is working perfectly....

Cheers, Graeme
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 05:32:45 PM »

Do you mean they have tried to force down the window?
If so I would suspect that the gear mechanism is damaged or the gears have slipped round on their shafts. I think it is a mechanical problem rather than an electrical one.
Ken
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 07:11:14 PM »

Hi, Graeme, If you haven't already take the switch out and check the spindle that the handle locks over, it may be rounded off from the force. If not take the cover plate off and check the switch inside the case still makes contact with the terminals. If all else fails, I have a spare complete switch in the shed that I will or be using.
Regards, Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 08:24:58 PM »

G'day Jim,

All is perfect with the handle, no slippage there at all and it is nice and tight. Pulled the switch apart and there is a spring, the rotating gadget and the shaft. Micro switch on either side and all seems to be working fine. I can hear the micro switches click on and off when I rotate the handle 15 degrees up or down but nothing happens....  The relay for the windows gets very hot which to me suggests a wiring somewhere but all that seems ok too.  The piece that bolts onto to the window runner is stuck about 3/4 of the way up and wont budge at all.  Do I need to disconnect the power to the window or is there a reset "button" somewhere....

I will have a better look for my test light and see where power is going or not going in the morning.

Ken, I cant see anything there to suggest any of the mechanism is damaged but will investigate further in the morning.

Cheers, Graeme
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 08:59:39 AM »

Sounds like the motor may have burnt out? could be a good idea to pull it out and check if is getting power. Try connecting power straight to the motor and see what happens. Is your set the flat glass one from Bluewire Motorsport? if so I have one in the shed as I used Hyundai Sonata ones on the sedan.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: