FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:32:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Internal panels in vans  (Read 3053 times)
hsv-001

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:45:32 PM »

Has anybody done any interesting modification to their rear most internal panels to allow easier access to their tail light bulbs . For many years I have struggled with MDF and Masonite to remake these panels . Although the front ones are easy enough the rear, using one piece or two seem to have always been a hassle . I was thinking of making two small rear most panels out of steel ,similar to the ute . I think this will make changing bulbs much easier and the other panels will be secured under the edge of the steel panel and can remain untouched. Just putting this idea out there . 
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 01:51:22 PM »

I've got a similar problem with the rear inside trim panels on my EK wagon. Big flat panels with a curve near the tailgate, painful to make in masonite/mdf. GMH made them in two pieces, which does not look so good. Stinky put me onto a material called trimboard. Its heavier than cardboard, but more bendy than MDF/masonite. It is not strong enough to support a speaker, but is looking good for those rear panels.

Cheers,
Harv
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 06:03:01 PM »

Yeah , think I have seen it . Only thing is over the years I have stuffed up those rear panels so many times that I have given up . And then I thought , I have had this old car so long and never solved this problem properly . I will try to make them out of sheet steel like a ute but bigger and if it don't look too ugly it should be easier to change a bulb . I will let the forum know how it goes . Thanks again Harv.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: