FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:29:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Smiths clock  (Read 2438 times)
hsv-001

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2017, 08:18:17 AM »

Ok , here is my latest fun problem . In my sons TR7 the whole dash printed circuit is burnt in numerous places ,so I removed the circuit and replaced it with bulbs and wires [t10 and t5 bulbs from China as not available in Aus.]. Now everything is working but the smiths clock will only start if I hold it upside down 'till it gets started . I am guessing that this is because the gap between the magnetic plate and the pendulum is too great when it is upright . Also notice that it starts quicker if you interrupt the circuit while starting . It looks like I will have to make a trip to Lionel Otto instruments and get them to take a look at it . I suspect that this is the same model clock that was used in the EK,FB,EJ,EH Holden as the size seems correct . Just wondering have any of the forum guys played with these clocks before .  Haydn
Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 08:04:24 AM »

The FB-EH clock was a German VDO item that had the same mechanism as a VW Type 3.

Dr Terry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: