FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:17:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: bottom radiator hose  (Read 3739 times)
slack one

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2017, 12:53:05 PM »

Hi all can anybody help please. When i put the vr v6 commodore engine in my fc and i am using original radiator what bottom radiator hose do i need to use. If possible i don't want to use a custom radiator. Do i have to have the bottom hose outlet move to the right hand side if so what would cost roughly be.Thanks Gazza.     
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:00:20 AM »

Both my 1948 Vauxhalls run V6 . Both run radiators out of early Hilux , the convertible runs series 1 and the coupe a series 2 and they both now have adjustable thermostats on the radiator hoses as well as lower rated thermostats in place of the hotter originals . You can get the stainless pipe that brings the water from the rear of the head to the radiator from a series 1 ,and then cut a sleeve to join two hoses . I only do this because it is easier to put the thermostat sender in, and easier to find hoses . Just an idea for you to play with , and by the way the temperature switch is only an earth so you can over-ride the switch with the variable thermostat and a toggle switch that lights on your dash as a fail safe . Cheers Haydn
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 04:18:09 PM »

Hi all i am going to see my local radiator guy tomorrow and see what he says. Cheers Gazza.
riger45

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 01:46:42 PM »

Hi all i am going to see my local radiator guy tomorrow and see what he says. Cheers Gazza.

Any update on the radiator hose? We might be needing a bottom radiator hose as well. We'll be working on the fc right after we finished installing the new Toyo tires on the current pick up project.
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 03:56:01 PM »

Hi rigger45 I went up to the exhaust place and brought two pieces of round pipe one the size of the outlet on the radiator which is a small outlet the other piece that fits the engine hose is bigger the guy at the exhaust center shrank the bigger pipe to fit the smaller pipe and i mig welded the two together. I brought a bottom hose for a holden Astra  it is shape like a S which is the same size as a early holden hose. I cut the hose so it looked like a L shape one end fits the bottom radiator outlet  and the other end fits the small end of the tube. I had a flexible hose the fitted between the other end of the pipe and onto the engine. The pipe is about 300ml long. I will put a photo up soon i hope this helps. Cheers Gazza.         
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: