FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:01:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Kens FC  (Read 3788 times)
FireKraka

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2017, 01:45:03 PM »

I posting this for Ken; he contacted me originally through the WA club as he wanted to do a V6 conversion and had heard that I was into V6's.
When we discussed it he told me that his car had been sitting for 8 years it had a 161 and 180b Datsun gearbox with a HR diff.
He had originally wanted to do a V8 conversion but the shop he had taken it to told him he couldn't and in the end the shop just delayed him until 18months later he took his car back and pulled the pin.

While I was trawling gumtree one day I came across a gut here in Perth who was selling a drive line from a blue FC he had bought from the eastern states it had a 305 chev, TH350 with new torque converter, f#@d nine inch with centre, axles and brakes, radiator, headers, CRS HR cross member, new front and back sway bars and already converted collapsable steering column., brand new 600 Holley and all the chrome sumps and pulleys etc.

The 305 on the cross member

CRS cross member
So we have tripped the car down for blasting as it has some of the usual issues and I am currently going through the engine and changing ball joints etc. that had the rubber perished because it has all been sitting for 8 years.

Let me know if anybody knows the car that came west   
Regards
FireKraka
SC00P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 09:02:17 PM »

Top stuff!! Smiley
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:45:16 AM »

Thought I had better update for Ken since a lot has taken place.
Sedan has been stripped blasted and has had some repairs done.

I have to pull my finger out and get Kens engine back together and finsih the repairs to his subchassis.
regards
FireKraka
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: