FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:23:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hood liner  (Read 3700 times)
RAY @ LAIDLEY

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2017, 03:37:43 PM »

Has anybody fitted one of these .?..I got one thru Rare Spares, not really happy with it but am going to try to fit it anyway. So, is there a right way to go about this? Appreciate any tips or help. Oh yes, its going into FC ute restoration.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »
+1

This is a big effort for the beginner.
Like you I am always willing to give most things a go and I tried fitting a brand new one a few years back now.
Wow, I thought I had it all under control, heat gun and clamps etc, but I could not get it right.
Eventually got a trimmer to do it and he certainly didn't make it look easy.
A lot, I mean a lot, of heat has to be applied in the right spots followed by tugging and clamping, before the alligator teeth are clamped shut.
I think you should give it a go for your own curiosity, but don't be surprised if you end up calling a trimmer

Ken
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 09:07:25 AM »

Gday Ray...  Rob at Trimtastic in Toowoomba made and fitted mine.    He is not expensive and may be worth a shot.   I think his work is very good  and he is a good bloke.    cheers  Mike. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: