FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:28:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What's it worth?  (Read 2152 times)
Fraze

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2017, 07:31:24 AM »

Hi guys, I want to get a feel for values - I have been offered a Lucas generator and matching voltage regulator for my FB. They have been bench tested by an auto elec and pronounced good, but not reconditioned. What sort of money should I pay? thanks, Fraze
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »

Fraze,

I can pick up Lucas generators for $20 or less at swap meets, and regulators for $10 or so.
If the taping on the field coils is ok and not falling apart, if the rear bushing is not flogged out, and if the brushes are new, then the generator would be worth $50 (or maybe more).  You're basically paying for the auto-elec's time in bench-testing the units.  If the generator needs new brushes, pm me, and I'll mail you a pair.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: