FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:43:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tee piece adapter for oil line  (Read 3511 times)
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2017, 11:04:26 AM »

Fitting remote oil filter and oil gauge ... need a Tee piece or two ... Mr Bitz has chromed for $99 and on Ebay they are up to $550 from Taiwan , WTF !!!!!!! Surely they are available here for only a few $$$ ....any info appreciated  ... also , what us the thread type (UNC) ? and diameter ...Cheers , Davo .

When I was a young man I spent most of my money on cars , beer and women (in that order) ... the rest ... I just wasted !

Port Macquarie NSW
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 11:17:44 AM »

Brass tees are about $8 a piece, and easy to source (Pirtek, Enzed etc).

From memory, the engine block hole is 1/4" NPT. The tubing for pressure gauges and remote oil filters is often run in 1/4" inverted flare tubing.

Easiest way is to unscrew the oil pressure sender out of the block, and take it to Pirtek (along with all your other fittings). Line them up on the bench, and the Pirtek guys will sort out the fittings to go from one point to the other.

Cheers,
Harv
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:47:06 AM »

Somehow I thought you'd have the answer Harv  ... thanks, Off to Pirtek/Enzed ... or perhaps pay $99 to E.B. Huh?!!!

When I was a young man I spent most of my money on cars , beer and women (in that order) ... the rest ... I just wasted !

Port Macquarie NSW
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 12:05:45 PM »

Went to Pirtek , Port Macquarie and "Dean" sorted it all , no problem ... will be back there for sure ... also sorting hoses and fittings for twin cabs ... highly recommended .

Port Macquarie NSW
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Model: FC

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 01:32:30 PM »

good Davo.. keep that in mind

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 02:37:42 PM »

Went to Pirtek , Port Macquarie and "Dean" sorted it all , no problem ... will be back there for sure ... also sorting hoses and fittings for twin cabs ... highly recommended .

Good news. Pirtek Smithfield (NSW) and Gladstone (QLD) are also pretty damn helpful... have got me out of trouble a few times with grey motor odds and ends.

Cheers,
Harv
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 08:34:08 AM »

Also in Toowoomba and very helpful.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print