FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:41:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ID plate discussion  (Read 2588 times)
mc59
sa-club

Model: FC

GMH Production Line

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2017, 11:00:00 AM »

This image of an ID plate recently appeared on FB. At first I thought wow! then I started to notice a few things that raised an eyebrow. What do you think?
DJ
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 12:41:06 PM »

What do you think?

I think analysis by an ID plate expert will reveal irregularities.

Dave
0417 270 315
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 08:39:33 PM »

I've been waiting to see if the guy can come up with a chassis number. Chassis number always reveals all!
However, to me the plate looks ok.
Here are a couple of Sydney plates

If you look at this plate, you would be suspicious because the stamps are not consistent like they are on this one. However, the next plate from an FE is quite different

This one shows quite different stampings. It would be expected that an early FC plate may be stamped similar to an FE plate.

The other thing is that the ID plate rivets look original with sealer in them, and the plate has some orange paint on it from the respray, so it was there before it was repainted.

I have the correct original details from FC 225 19 M and it has an FE chassis number. This is also expected for an early FC.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: