FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:51:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ute door?hood lining  (Read 1864 times)
RAY @ LAIDLEY

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2017, 05:23:33 AM »

not sure this is the right place.....does anybody know of some where that does the wind lace for these cars (hope that's the right term/name) .it holds the hood lining in place around the door frames just as the frond/rear wind screens do....any help appreciated Ray
fe van
nsw-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 10:25:42 AM »

Hi Ray, I think I understand what your asking? the shark teeth rail is what holds the headlining in place the wind lace is only there to stop the draft and cosmetically finish off the lining, if its the wind lace that you are after which goes between the shark teeth rail and the body most auto upholstery suppliers or auto rubber places should carry the wind lacing but it will be limited colours, it was hard to get for awhile as the manufactures had stopped making it but I'm not sure if this is still the case, yourself or your auto trimmer can make your own wind lace, clark rubber sells the rubber needed to make the lacing pick the diameter you want then get your fabric/vinyl that you want to use work out the length required then all you have to do is wrap around the rubber then sew down as close to the rubber leaving at least 25mm flap I hope this is helpful.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 10:39:48 AM »

You can buy windlacing from Daleys - http://www.daleys.com.au or if you don't have a store close I can sell you some.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: