FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 14, 2020, 09:42:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ruby - my FC Ute  (Read 21067 times)
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2020, 01:47:37 PM »

You can buy the door jam switches new and run and a positive wire to the switch. The screws earth it.

Phone +64 223509263
DJ
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2020, 01:48:34 PM »

heres the recon steering wheel installed.

Very nice.

Dave
0417 270 315
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2020, 05:37:42 PM »

Helen,

You're right.  You'd need to raid a Special for the door jamb switches and wiring.  And hopefully you don't have to run a wire up to the dome lamp for the courtesy switches.

Rob

Ah hadn't thought about the wire up to the dome lamp - that one may be a bit more tricky - will have to have a good look at the wiring - might just leave them if its not there - a job maybe if I ever replace the hood lining
ardiesse
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2020, 05:52:10 PM »

The wiring diagram shows a white wire from the switch side of the dome lamp going to the door jamb switches.  It's dashed rather than solid.  That means you'd have to run the wire up to the dome lamp.

You'd have to take the dome lamp out, unplug the orange wire from the dome lamp, tape a guide wire to the orange wire, pull the orange wire through from under the dash until the guide wire comes through, then tape a (white) wire to the orange wire and guide wire, and then pull the guide wire through from the hole in the headlining until the white and orange wires come through.

That's if everything goes ideally and the wires don't snag on the bodywork.  It is a royal pain sending the body wiring up through the A-pillar, and that with no headlining.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
Errol62

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2020, 06:44:06 PM »

What you do is use the original power wire to draw through some light tie wire, then pull back power and white earth. Early upgrade I did on my standard sedan.

The switches are available from Rares et al (donít start rob).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2020, 08:01:26 PM »

Helen, pic of white wire that links the door switches in the A pillars, the last pic shows the clip that secures the wire to the lower dash lip

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: