FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:46:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ruby - my FC Ute  (Read 51907 times)
Roybeth

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2017, 07:34:04 PM »

Hi all, here's my FC ute. I've got a lot to learn mechanical wise - but lucky for me hubby and friends are well versed in vintage cars. We have been lucky to get a ute with a great body and new paint work, not original colour but she will look good with the chrome all added. Engine work and interior to do.

Helen
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 08:09:46 PM »

That's a great start. Look forward to progress photos.

Dave
0417 270 315
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 09:25:40 PM »

Looks like a really good ute. Do you have a pic of the ID plate. I collect the data for research.

Regards Ken
VAN059

Brisbane, QLD.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 06:22:37 AM »

Great starting point Roybeth, and extra bonus that it's a FC as well  Grin Cheesy

Smokin Words and Shoutin Turds
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 07:58:50 AM »

Looks like a really good ute. Do you have a pic of the ID plate. I collect the data for research.

Regards Ken

Hi Ken

Sure do.

Stash
nsw-club

Sydney, NSW

johnchaplin
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 11:05:38 AM »

great starting canvas.
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 10:29:50 PM »

Baffle and grill out ready to start working on the front end and getting an engine in a bit easier.

Nice shiny new radiator arrived today, just sitting in, looks like it may be a good fit. Old one is apparently a bit past it and this one is a little thicker. May have to get a thermofan - depending on how much room we actually end up with

fcute

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 01:39:05 AM »

Very nice ute. What is the plan for he engine?

Cheers Dave
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 07:22:44 AM »

We have a couple to chose from - but are going with the reconditioned grey that came with the car. We understand its been bench started but hasn't been run in a car. The front end is set up with the front mounts so if I decide I bigger engine would be preferred we can just swap them over.

May have been different story if was to be a daily driver or long distance but only intending to club rego her and go to nearby shows / day trips....
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 10:42:02 PM »

Old front end is now down and out.

Plans changed slightly. we have striped the front end we were going to use as not everything was quite lined up right, those engine mounts are rougher than we thought and one of the wishbones is also out of wack, so using the good bits to complete another front end that is in much better shape and another set of wishbones. Fingers crossed for the second one
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 07:16:17 PM »

Ute came with an inlet manifold for Nikki carbies, not doing that, my clever hubby found a lovely couple who were happy to swap it for a manifold complete with twin carbies and the linkage to boot :-) will need to put a kit through the carbies but can't complain about this swap.

Gent who took it didn't have a use for it - yet -lol,  but had never seen one before and was very happy also.
njf690

heya

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 09:05:46 PM »

can you tell me a bit about the new radiator you are using . i.e brand ,size, contact ,price .  looks good
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 09:26:47 AM »

can you tell me a bit about the new radiator you are using . i.e brand ,size, contact ,price .  looks good

Hi, you can get them through Ebay. Its a 3 core so its a little thicker but same width as the original one - designed to bit in an FC.

We are putting original recon grey back in. The radiator is aluminium so will have to put I think an organic coolant in it so there's no reaction between the two - I think that's how it goes but will be checking with our mate who knows the ins and outs about this.
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 08:41:17 PM »
+1

What's that dear - you want to work on car parts in the lounge room!- oh its the front end for MY ute - no worries dear, keep warm in front of the fire and I'll watch Origin with you and supervise those wishbones going back on- lol lol  Cheesy

camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 09:20:59 PM »

Love it ..  I seem to be able to get away with a lot more when its something for the wife.    Grin  Keep up the photos and the great work
VAN059

Brisbane, QLD.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 03:50:24 PM »

Can't be working in a cold damp shed, need to be toastie in front of a fire  Grin

Smokin Words and Shoutin Turds
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 07:05:50 PM »

A few touch ups for the engine bay.

While the wheels are off, a clean, rust converting and painting for the wheel wells and to be continued under the rest of the ute.

[I
MG]http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj618/Roybeth1/FC%20Ute/DSCN6472.jpg[/IMG]

camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 09:34:17 PM »

Looks good ..  what brand of rust conversion and paint are you using???
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 07:42:48 PM »

She's no show pony, though should scrub up well.
Just using Septone that you get from Supercheap Auto.
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 09:14:34 PM »

Not sure if its obvious in the pic above, there's a crack in Ruby's extractors, just past where they join into the one pipe. Have decided to repair it but will use it on another car and get some new ones for Ruby. So tonight we have cut it off  Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: