FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:46:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC auto sedan  (Read 6653 times)
GREGD

FE & FC HOLDENS ROAR

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2003, 08:25:28 AM »

Howdy all

Any one heard about a one off automatic FC sedan?

I dont have any info but there may be one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone with any  info please post it

GREG
« Last Edit: August 07, 2003, 08:26:35 AM by gregd » Logged
craiga
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 08:34:21 AM »

Greg,

I heard years ago that there were three produced as test "mules" for local testing of the Hydramatic gearbox.

It is likely that they would have been sold after testing was completed, so maybe there is one out there!

Maybe someone can confirm this?

Cheers,

Craig.
mike

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 08:43:13 AM »

I always understood it that it was FB's that were the mules, I remember reading an interview with a holden engineer who said there were a few FB holdens that had the autos fitted and used as testbeds,

regards mike.
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 09:02:42 AM »

Hi All
There was an FC advertised in Unique Cars about 10years ago with a Hydramatic gearbox. The owner believed this to be a prototype but had no real proof. The car was in Queensland.
Regards ACE Cool
craiga
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 09:32:21 AM »

Good one Ace. I can vaguely remember this advertisement. I have heaps of old Unique Cars but can't imagine how long it would take to look through them all  Tongue

Someone out there must know more!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2003, 09:32:54 AM by craiga » Logged
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2003, 09:20:54 AM »

I remember the ad from 10 years ago and would like to have seen the car - a quick look at the floor pan would soon reveal whether it was a genuine GMH prototype as it should have the Hydro floor pan built in rather than added in afterwards.
I agree in principle that FB is the likely test mule for the Hydro but GMH tended to work up to 3 or 4 years in advance back then so it is not out of the question that the FC was used as a mule.  Still the car should exhibit production line changes rather than looking like a finished car that has been changed.  Items such as the steering column should be interesting as it would not likely be an EK column, but a concoction of FC steering column built with auto workings maybe.
I remain pretty open on the whole thing but a little sceptical as well, since a lot of dealerships played around with cars and it would have been a request that they would take on to convert an FC to auto without too much trouble.

Ken
fergo
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2003, 04:55:10 AM »

I remember the car.  
It was a manual FC that someone had gone to a lot of bother and welded in a complete EK auto floorpan and installed an EK auto steering column etc.
So the fabled factory auto FC is probably as rare as a unicorn.
But it's nice to dream.  
Rabbit

Dont like the Bloke at the end of the Street!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2003, 05:44:17 AM »

I know where this vehicle is and YES it is for SALE. but it's mine all mine. Don't tell'm where it is Greg. This vehichle was born a manual but taken back to the Woodville SA Plant for autotrans replacement, as the owner lost a leg and couldn't drive it anymore. Hopefully it has all relevant documents to back this up. When I get this FC I'll put a pic or 2 on your very interesting Web site. See you all next week . Grin

Cheers Rabbit....
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2003, 09:18:11 AM »

Rabbit, go for it - this would be a very interesting car with documentation showing it went back to Woodville for a refit - I would think that not many cars went back to the plant like this and it would be well worth the effort to restore it.  Unfortunately it breaks down the prototype theory, but still would be pretty close to the the first FC ever converted to auto I would think.

Ken
Rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2003, 07:41:05 AM »

More info on Auto FC. Factory Spats, Rear venitian blinds, both weather shields, exterior sun visor, red interior, white with grey arse end, and YES factory surface rust , all this for under 1K. Whatabargain. Also attached a picture of my mate V8 Chev Bike Built and Registed in SA. The only one I know of. Sorry it's not a Holden but itsgota 350 in it. Plus I want to see if I can attach files.
Thankz Rabbit........ Shocked    

Cheers Rabbit....
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2003, 12:53:38 AM »

G'day Rabbit,
Nice looking bike. It's not likely to be a one-off tho'.
A company here in Melbourne - Boss Hogs, have been producing V8 bikes for a while now & have even started advertising on TV. They use Gen3 motors and lots of chrome, too much of a widow maker for me but.
I'm eager to see this auto FC of yours. Are you going to do a resto on it?
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
Rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2003, 01:08:46 AM »

Hi Leigh, The company is actually American and it's called Boss Hoss, it's been around for about 11 years in the states. It was called Boss Hogs but Harley took them to court and they had to change their name. So if their is a company in Mel, they will probably have to change their name aswell. There is a franchice in WA and NZ and about 50 or so around the world. But this Bike of my mates is the only Aussie owned/built that I know of. Boss Hoss also do 502 and 606 Big Blocks as well. Sorry better start talking FEand C's know or you guys will boot me out.
Thanks Rabbit.

Cheers Rabbit....
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2003, 01:59:44 AM »

Hey Rabbit,

I cant believe anybody bought a Boss Hoss! I remember reading about them when they were relased.

Big on Wow factor I spose.. Is the block all alloy?  the thing must way nigh on half a ton.

The back wheel looks about a foot wide or more and totally flat.. must take some persuasion to get around corners. lmao

Does it do good wheelies? post some pics of the Boss in action please!  preferably doing a big smokin burnout.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2003, 02:39:08 AM »

Hey Leigh, Just to add it's not a Boss Hoss, he built it himself. Went to the States sourced some parts, made his own frame, built a motor and put it all together. The rear tyre is a 230 Avon Bike Tyre. Ther is heaps of websites just type in v8 bike into a search engine and go from there.
Cheers Rabbit  

Cheers Rabbit....
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2003, 04:37:00 AM »

gday everybody.
auto's in fc's ?
i have a 58 wagon with a powerglide auto and a honda(?) t bar shifter . it still has the greymotor. had it for 5years, runs well ,had no problems.

surferboy

cruisin's great with a 58
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2003, 10:26:23 AM »

g'day surfer boy       are you graham d ?     is that your wagon in street machine?
                        trev

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2003, 08:48:27 AM »

g'day trev.

yes & yes