FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:25:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: VX 2002 engine management computer  (Read 5877 times)
hsv-001

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2017, 01:24:26 PM »

Does anyone know why you cant run a earlier engine computer on your v6 ecotec  VX or get the immobiliser shut down as I want to run this engine in a HJ ute . I have been told it is not possible to change the original computer on this model or reprogram it . I would appreciate any ideas on how to overcome this issue . Thanks Haydn .
njf690

Model: FC

heya

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 07:29:48 PM »

try this bloke he helped me convert all my electrics

custom auto electrics
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 08:48:13 PM »

Yep I think the baud rate is different.
I can shut immobiliser off if needed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 08:50:06 AM »

So do I have to buy an aftermarket PCM or can I butcher the original units as I have access to the wreck . What is it possible to obtain from the wreck and what will I need ? Thanks for your help guys > I guess as we get older we struggle to keep up with this technology [or is it just smart marketing] and thus far I seem to be stuck in the 90's . Cheers Haydn .
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 08:34:01 PM »

Get the PCM (passenger kick panel) BCM under drivers dash) and the key all matching then there's no security (vats) issue.
Otherwise I can get non matching stuff..... as in the Pcm and bcm don't need to match. The key must match the bcm.
Phone call might be easier. Happy to explain.

grey nomad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 10:27:57 AM »

hayden, I have quite a few genuine new ECMs cheap, if you need one I will require the applicable part number.   AL.
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 08:40:23 AM »

Thanks for all your help guys . As this is a project for a mate I am trying not to get over involved . I think its best just to be there to help see it through and have thus far only helped with the sump mod. and the engine mounts . I have been keeping my mate informed as far as what you have told me and when he catches up I guess I will be asking you guys a lot more questions . First there will be some work on the gear selector and manifold to chassis clearance . When I get to the wiring harness I will post photos with my questions . Thanks Haydn. 
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 09:10:09 AM »

Why don't you tell him to get on the commodore forum then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 01:41:12 PM »

NES 304 , sorry for taking so long to get back to you . My friend has had his brother in law rewiring the ute and is now complete but even though the original equipment has been retained ,from the sounds of it immobilizer is still on so could you please PM me your phone number so we can discuss how to bypass [wipe security ] . At this stage any help would be greatly appreciated as my friend is at the end of his tether . Thanks in advance Haydn. 
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 06:58:29 PM »

I have the bcm part numbers required for specific commodores. The bcm needs linking to the ptm if using different computers from different vehicles. The keys cannot be reprogrammed from one vehicle to another. Call me if you want to discus further. 0412 282 282
Brett
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: