FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:58:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Red Centre Nats 2016  (Read 4661 times)
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2016, 11:54:37 AM »

Hi all,

Here are a couple of photos from the Red Centre Nats in Alice Springs, which was on from Friday - Monday just gone. The show had everything; street cruising (including drag cars!), drag racing, show and shine, burnouts, dyno comp. It was huge; 750 cars from all over Australia, pumping 13 million dollars into the economy from competitors and spectators. From memory the government has signed on for another 4 or five years. Motorsport has a strong following up here.

I moved up to Alice Springs from Hobart for work earlier this year with no plans to return anytime soon; so far it's been a brilliant experience. Unfortunately Frank is in storage; last time I went back to Hobart he was worse for wear as the roof in the storage shed had given way in a storm. A bearing has given way too, but I'm onto getting him fixed and the EFI system sorted.

Anyway, to the photos. I only took a couple, as the show was closing soon after I arrived. I'll be on to it next year  Wink

Regards,

Josh.

DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 01:04:03 PM »

It looks like a terrific event Josh. It's a great time of the year to be there too.
The white/blue (Frank in reverse colours) makes a great display.
Any plans to move Frank?

Dave
0417 270 315
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 02:24:14 PM »

I've thought about bringing Frank up here Dave, as the roads close to Alice are brilliant, and the government hasn't yet changed the unlimited speed limit signs back to 130 on the Stuart Highway.

Unfortunately car theft/joy riding/burning is a problem up this way, so that'd be one of the detractors of having Frank here.
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 02:56:45 PM »

Could end in heart break in that case, so I reckon you are wise.
Still a nice place though. Hope things settle soon in that regard.

Dave
0417 270 315
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 07:57:38 PM »
+1

Great shots Josh,
That Morris 11 hundred looks like a Morris 11 thousand now!!

regards

Weddo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: