FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:53:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Blue FC sedan in orange nsw for sale  (Read 8518 times)
Factory Custom

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2016, 09:34:13 PM »

A local bloke I know is selling his FC sedan his name is dave and his mobile number is 0448 05 6515.  I don't have any photo's but he can allways send some to any interested parties. I'll write below what he wrote on his flyer he gave me.

A lot has been done to this old girl with many hours and dollars spent. I can't afford to finish heroff, read on for everything that has been done and what needs doing.

Motor is a 138 with twin carbs and extractors, converted to run unleaded with red motor valves, alloy rocker cover. New engine mounts. New leads, dissy cap, points and plugs. All new oil with no leaks. New fuel pump. Converted to electric wipers. New exhaust. All new brake pipes and hoses, wheel cylinders and master cylinder. New clutch master and slave cylinder and hose. Tinted windows. New 5 spoke 15" mags and tyres.

SAAS steering wheel, new rubbers and felt strips, New locks, new velour headlining. Mirrors both sides, New carpet. $900 spent on rechroming.

Had rust repairs done, replaced 3 floor pans and both rear quarter panels. Fuel tank out of elantra, new rear bushes and shackles in rear suspension.

Car painted in 2pac blue (looks like French blue in photo....factory custom) New exterior handles on outside. Bumpers straightened but powdercoated silver.

He said that the motor has developed a knock, not sure why but he wants $9000 for the sedan but he won't take less or more than that . From what I've seen of it its pretty nice for what it is in the photos. (Tomorrow i'll roll around in my EK taildragger for a first hand look at it.)   

He said it needs the frontend re bushed for rego  but he has $500 worth of bushes and pivot pins to fix it. It also needs a new speedo cable plus the drivers side key lock is sticky but that's just a lube problem I reckon. The fuel gauge has an issue and its not fully charging up either.

From what I know of him he's telling the truth, prior to the engine knock he had 15K on it. So he's dropped the price a lot. But his missus is firm on the price.   If you want to learn more about it call dave on 0448 05 65 15.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:39:32 PM by Factory Custom » Logged
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 10:25:36 AM »

Photos can be seen in the link on the auction and trade section of the forum. It is one of the last cars featured in "things I have found on eBay gumtree"

Ken
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

Model: FC

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 11:04:44 AM »

Here it is.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/orange/cars-vans-utes/1958-fc-holden-sedan/1115221454

Regards
Factory Custom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 06:05:41 PM »

Obviously not the best pictures ever taken but its looks o'k to me. It was out of town but its in town now. That's if it hasn't been sold.

I was going to go over for a look myself but its been bitterly cold and sleeting for a few days. Theres no point heading out in a car with no heater in that. 
Factory Custom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 06:20:28 PM »

I'm going to have a look at this FC sedan tomorrow after lunch he's had a few people pass on it because of the floorpans he fitted . He said that he fitted them with an inch overlap. So maybe they do look a lil rough on the underside but it never got picked on over that for its pink slip only the frontend bushes . If the floor overlaps are a bit daggy, i'll put it up on ramps and trim them back myself for him. He also fitted the new under floor cross tubing the subtrame inner legs bolt to. He said he didn't know how to fit them so i'll have a look at that too. It passed alright for rego tho and he said it supports the car o'k with his floorjack.

Another thing i'll look at is the engine knock, who knows where it actually is it could be valves or rods. Another thing with dave is he sets his prices high but expects people these days to try to talk him down . I reckon somewhere between realist between $5500 and $6K would get it.

I understand the bloke who passed on it today did so because the paint had a few stone chlps on it, but that is something unavoidable on a country car.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:31:54 PM by Factory Custom » Logged
Factory Custom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 09:36:19 PM »

I looked at the Fc sedan today and its an older restoration, the paint looks o'k with some orange peel but I'm not sure if you can color sand 2pac.  That's what it needs and a good buff up since it was repaired and painted by the owner.  It has a few minor imperfections that could be easily addressed by someone handy. But for the most part the average joe wouldn't notice it. He's getting someone to address those issues if it doesn't sell soon.

I'm fitting the new king pins and frontend bushes this or next week. He has new kits.  The engine knock turned out to be something non related, no doubt a sticky starter solenoid that isn't fully retracting or something minor like that. Its not the mill.

He's had a few people pick up on the underside seams around his new floorpans he fitted.  It's just a novices mistake where they try to bog over the welded seam but end up slapping stuff on without knocking it down prior to painting it. I'm grinding it out and prettying it up. Also the two top hat cross member sections under the forward pans need to be refitted higher out on the sills and tacked up to the floor. Another novice restorer mistake easily fixed. 

Other than that I think the body is pretty sound and straight and everything else is in good working order.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: