FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:23:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Twin carb questions  (Read 3410 times)
MattFC

Model: FC

Adelaide

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2016, 09:13:45 PM »

Hi all, quick question re running twins. I have a rebuilt stock carby (23-105D) and if I wanted to run twins, does the second carby need to be exactly the same model or could a later one be used? Also, what changes need to be done as far as jetting goes, if any?
I'm just giving it a bit of thought at the moment as I have just bought a set of extractors and I also have a Cain manifold that has been collecting dust in the shed for a few years.
Finally, does anybody have a good carby lying around that they wouldn't mind swapping for a few dollars? The shop where I bought my last one closed down and there isn't really anywhere nearby that sells them.
Thanks!
Matt.
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 06:44:43 AM »
+1

G'day Matt,

The short answer is no, the two carbs don't need to be exactly matched. It's nice to have the same number on the side of both carbs, but a clever bloke realises that most of the grey carbs components are identical.

The link below is to my Stromberg Guide - take a look at page 24 for the different grey motor carb specs:
FB/EK Holden Stromberg Carburetion Enthusiasts Guide

The carbs you are looking for are 23-105's, 23-3000 and 23-3001. The really significant differences are the power bypass jet (which you will probably change), and the main discharge jet (which you will probably not change). In short, you want a grey motor carb with the same main discharge jet as what you have (28-34).

This means you should be hunting for another 23-105 carb (23-105A, 23-105B, 23-105C or 23-105D). You then change main metering jets and power bypass jets to make them both the same, and to make them both smaller for the twin setup. I can help out with both the main metering jets and power bypass jets when you get to that stage.

I've probably got a spare 23-105 in my spare parts stash. I'm on the road for work at the moment though - give me a yell in about three weeks if you are still looking.

Cheers,
Harv
MattFC

Adelaide

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 06:47:37 PM »

That's brilliant Harv! Shocked
Some good reading there and I reckon i might have learnt a thing or two, cheers for that.
If I don't find something in the meantime, I'll definitely take you up on the offer, much appreciated.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 09:03:36 PM »

I've got a 23/105D for sale. Has not been run for a while, but I guess you would be doing a rebuild anyway. You can have it for $25 plus postage.

Regards.   Ken
MattFC

Adelaide

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 10:24:00 PM »

Excellent Ken, consider it sold. I'll PM you for details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: