FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:00:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rares Floor Pans.  (Read 9763 times)
fink

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2016, 09:53:46 AM »

We have ADR rules in place for what our cars should be built and fitted with,and I think,imo,Rares have missed the mark with their 'tin can' floor pans,i assume these are made in China for 50cents and sold here for $70,moneys not the issue here,it's the product,i hope they fix this problem as there's lots of unhappy guys out there! Smiley Angry
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 08:54:49 PM »

Huh
To the best of my knowledge ADRs don't stretch to FE/FC floorpans.

Anyway, speaking from experience on both sides of the specialty supply market, complaining about a someone's product on a public forum does little to help either side. If you have a beef with Rares, tell them, if enough people have a problem and tell them they will make a change or disappear. Moaning about a product in the back-rooms does nothing to help anyone.

fink

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 10:14:18 PM »

Did that over a year ago,as long as they keep selling,do you honestly think they will change!NO,so you think there ok?Good value for money are they?A quality product ?I'll moan all day if it gets them to lift their game so we all get a good deal.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 10:14:31 AM »

I agree with Glenn, the reason they keep selling is because the majority of people do think they are a fair product. The thickness of the steel is consistent with engineering requirements. They have been fitted to hundreds of cars and even the most basic welder can install them.

The price of the floor pan does not reflect the cost of the steel alone, there are wages, rates, utilities, advertising and all sorts of stuff which are ammetised over the price of products.

Rare Spares continue to update and improve products when it is warranted.

You don't have to use the product, you can always make your own!

Ken
fink

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 11:20:57 AM »

Most off us know the original floor pan replacement panel was a thicker panel,it was the same as the fe/fc floor that came off the production line,so why change it Ken,20 yrs ago I got them at Rares,it was all good then,it's not about the money,i continue to buy from them as I've done for 40yrs,it's not always right but they welcome the critics and do their best to improve.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 03:46:28 PM »

Yes the floor panel is a little thinner than original, but this doesn't mean that it is inferior. As the
Holden models went on, the panel steel got progressively thinner as the steel quality improved.
What you see with the current repro floor pan is better quality than original and as a bonus, because it is a little thinner, it is easier pressed.
You must remember that Holden had a 100 ton press for stamping out its panels originally and this press is not available to the repro market.

Ken
les

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 01:41:21 PM »
+1

We have ADR rules in place for what our cars should be built and fitted with,and I think,imo,Rares have missed the mark with their 'tin can' floor pans,i assume these are made in China for 50cents and sold here for $70,moneys not the issue here,it's the product,i hope they fix this problem as there's lots of unhappy guys out there! Smiley Angry

You should never assume, these pans are made by Rare Spares in Australia using BlueScope steel (BHP) they are 1mm thickness the same as original , they have been made from this material for many years
Les
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: